SD Card Size?General

Last Updated:

1. bethkay

bethkay Active Member

My daughter has an LG Optimus V and it get low on space. What's the largest size SD card I can buy her for this phone?

Thank you,
    Beth :D

Advertisement
  2. Phatninja55

Phatninja55 Well-Known Member

32gb, but it wont be useful unless you root and use apps2sd.
    bethkay likes this.
  3. bethkay

bethkay Active Member

What's the largest you can use with an unrooted phone?
  4. Phatninja55

32GB, but the phone will still have space issues, because the apps are stored on the phones internal memory. Thats why I mentioned apps2sd.
  5. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus Contributor

+1 this.
    You can move some apps to the micro SD card using "App2SD". The rest will reside on the internal storage, of which there is less than 178MBs.

Rooting will void the One Year warranty.

If space is still an issue, go to the All Things Root sub-forum and look in the All Things Root Guide sticky/ Link2SD and you, a tutorial.
    Then check out the first two guides in the ATR Guide sticky which explain how to root a LG Optimus V.

Read, read, read........then ask questions. If this is something you feel comfortable doing then we will be happy to walk you through the steps, both of rooting and installing Link2SD as well as give you any other advice you might need.
    donpatchi and bethkay like this.
  6. bethkay

bethkay Active Member

Thanks! I'll check it out. I've never rooted. I hope I don't kill her phone! But I am not opposed to trying.
  7. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus Contributor

Don't forget, if you need help with rooting or Link2SD you need to post in the All Things Root sub-forum.
    I'll be keeping an eye out for it there.
    I don't usually even wonder over to this side, but now that things are slow I have time for both sides.
    bethkay likes this.
  8. bethkay

bethkay Active Member

Thanks! I appreciate the help! I am going to read up on it tonight.
  9. Phatninja55

Its pretty easy, and very hard to break these phones.
  10. bac22

bac22 Well-Known Member

Rooting is the best way to free memory, but if you don't want to go that route just yet clean program caches and delete unnecessary text messages (the biggest culprit!). Also uninstall apps that are never used..you can always reinstall them later.