• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Hi and welcome to the forums! :)

Hopefully we can help. That is not afaik normal behaviour. Pics in memory and on removable SD card (so long as they are in the same folder) usually can be scrolled through using the gallery app (or most other apps).

Could you post back with details of which app you are using?

Once again welcome

Roger

Upvote 0
Hi Roger
Many thanks for the welcome.

I’m just opening the SD card which shows a number of different folders, i.e. Word, Excel, Photos etc; I select a photo folder open and pick a photo which shows up, but will not scroll to the next photo, I thought I could view photos directly from the SD card without using an app, so as not to use up space in the tablet!

Sorry for being so long winded!!!!

Once again many thanks

John

Upvote 0
Hi

I don't have your tablet, but if you have an app called gallery (normally pre-installed I think) try using that. It should open by just showing folders with pics in.

Roger
Hi Roger
Yes I have that app and all the files are opening as you suggest and scrolling. “Well done”

While we are on the subject I am having a similar problem with a memory stick, even if I open it in gallery it refuses to scroll, I have to press return and select each photo separately!! Any suggestions?
Many thanks
Robrac

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones