• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SD cart or Software problem?

BladeQ

Lurker
Dec 18, 2013
As you may see from my nickname I have ZTE Blade Q and from several days I'm getting system message " Do you like to change default write disk". Every time i select SD card and after 20-30 min. The message pops again. Is the card the problem or system? It runs on 4.2. I have been thinking about root to 4.3/4.4. But the problem is that the warranty will fell off. Can someone give me some advice?
Thanks in advance :)

I'd hold off on 4.3, until others have reported using it on the Blade without problems. There have been all sorts of problems with it, even with official OTA updates.

As far as your problem, it could be the card, it could be the firmware in the phone (or on the card - there's firmware on the card) or it could be hardware (on the card or in the phone).

Borrow another card and try it. If it works, it's your card. If not? It could be a bad batch of cards or bad hardware in your phone.

It's one reason I buy only SanDisk cards. They and Samsung are the only manufacturers of the chips that go into the cards. And they stand behind their merchandise.

Upvote 0
I'd hold off on 4.3, until others have reported using it on the Blade without problems. There have been all sorts of problems with it, even with official OTA updates.

As far as your problem, it could be the card, it could be the firmware in the phone (or on the card - there's firmware on the card) or it could be hardware (on the card or in the phone).

Borrow another card and try it. If it works, it's your card. If not? It could be a bad batch of cards or bad hardware in your phone.

It's one reason I buy only SanDisk cards. They and Samsung are the only manufacturers of the chips that go into the cards. And they stand behind their merchandise.

Ok thanks for the advice. I will try later on with another card for a few hours.

Upvote 0
As you may see from my nickname I have ZTE Blade Q and from several days I'm getting system message " Do you like to change default write disk". Every time i select SD card and after 20-30 min. The message pops again. Is the card the problem or system? It runs on 4.2. I have been thinking about root to 4.3/4.4. But the problem is that the warranty will fell off. Can someone give me some advice?
Thanks in advance :)

I have exactly the same problem with ZTE Blade Q Maxi. Did you solve that problem and HOW?
Please help

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones