• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Search button issues

Ferdd

Lurker
Jan 28, 2012
So another noob here with another noob mistake. I was deleting system files off my phone to remove the bloatware, and as I was deleting my google search app it crusaded my mind that it might be my search button, but it was too late. So yeah now my beloved search button won't work. I tried downloading google search from the market but it didn't work. Perhaps if I flashed cwm again? Thanks ahead.

I would take it to a USCC store and have them reflash the stock OS.

Then, if you reload CWM and root it again, the best method for dealing with bloatware, imo, is using Titanium Backup. Freeze bloatware apps, so they do not take up system resources, but they are not uninstalled. This will prevent stability issues like the one you just created for yourself.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones