• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Security issue?

madbassist

Lurker
Oct 30, 2011
Howdy all,

I recently became an Android owner with an upgrade from my previous phone (which displayed only rudimentary intelligence) to a Nexus S 4G. I am very happy with my decision, and haven't really had any major issues yet.

I woke up this morning, grabbed my phone, and see a star in the notifications tray. I pull down the tray to look at it and see a message telling me I've 'won an iPad 2.' I'm not stupid enough to think I've actually won any such thing. AVG and Lookout don't find anything amiss (but I've seen threads on here where others question there usefulness, so I'm not treating that as a definitive sign).

Has anyone seen anything like this before?

Thanks.

This is an other kind of AirPush named LeadBolt.

The app 'Addons Detector' lists all addons on the phone. When AirPush or LeadBolt is on the (very long) list of apps for an app then this app is a source of notifications bar spamming.

Uninstall this app and you'll get rid of this spam.
But before write a comment in Market.

For more info search in forum with AirPush or LeadBolt :)
Harry

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones