• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Seidio Innocase for Droid any good?

I really really want to buy this case. BUT...I hate taking cases off and putting on after they charge, and I LOVE the moto dock. So, I'd be willing to buy the Seido charging dock and putting Dockrunner on the phone.

But this does not solve the car mount issue. Would it be a pretty safe bet that Seido will be making a car mount that supports the use of their case?

Upvote 0
I really really want to buy this case. BUT...I hate taking cases off and putting on after they charge, and I LOVE the moto dock. So, I'd be willing to buy the Seido charging dock and putting Dockrunner on the phone.

But this does not solve the car mount issue. Would it be a pretty safe bet that Seido will be making a car mount that supports the use of their case?
Yes.

Innotraveler Car Kit

Upvote 0
I love seidio holsters and had them for both my 6700 and 6800 phones, but I didn't love the rubberized case on the 6800 because the phone was bricky enough already. I ended up sending it back in fact.

I just ordered a rubberized skin and will try to remember to post how it works out for me.

I've only seen a few comments on here regarding the thickness of the innocase. Can someone who just recieved their case tell me just how much bulk it adds to the phone?

Upvote 0
I love seidio holsters and had them for both my 6700 and 6800 phones, but I didn't love the rubberized case on the 6800 because the phone was bricky enough already. I ended up sending it back in fact.

I just ordered a rubberized skin and will try to remember to post how it works out for me.

I've only seen a few comments on here regarding the thickness of the innocase. Can someone who just recieved their case tell me just how much bulk it adds to the phone?
There is a Picasa album link on the first page. Don't know if that helps. :D

Upvote 0
Understanding that neither dock will work with this case... How hard is it to take the case on and off? 30 seconds? 2 minutes?

i would like to know this also - how hard is it to remove the case? and about bulk... i was considering just leaving my phone naked, but im too paranoid.. do those invisibleshields/phantomskinz work well and do they require you to wet your phone? (i am not going to wet my phone)..

so is bulk an issue with this case? its the reason i want to keep mine naked or get those full body protectors by invisibleshields or whateverr. thanks for ne feedback

oh and looking at the seidio website, are we all talking about the Innocase Surface that is offered in all those colors? (just making sure)

jen

Upvote 0
Finally got mine today. I literally feel like I could throw this thing and nothing would happen to it. lol.

Last I checked the Invisible Shields made you spray your phone, which is completely out of the question IMO. This case does add *some* bulk, but its really not that much. It's the trade-off between the sexiness of it being naked, and actually keeping it looking pretty. :)

Upvote 0
some bulk meaning can it still fit in my front pocket easily? and your referring to the innocase surface (with the colors) right -- which color did you pick? one more thing - how easy is it to remove the cover when i want to put it on the MM mount?

glad you told me about that body protection stuff, no way i want to wet the phone down.

Upvote 0
some bulk meaning can it still fit in my front pocket easily? and your referring to the innocase surface (with the colors) right -- which color did you pick? one more thing - how easy is it to remove the cover when i want to put it on the MM mount?

glad you told me about that body protection stuff, no way i want to wet the phone down.

Oh it totally still fits in my pocket. I got this exactly:
Innocase Surface, Black

It's not overly difficult to remove, but I for one will be getting Seidio's docks when they are released.

Upvote 0
I have had this case pretty much since it came out (several weeks) and have definitely put it through the paces. Here is my impression.

Durability- I have dropped my phone three times, once on concrete, and the case held up exceptionally well. Very light scuff marks along the top that buffered out and the top part of the case ensures the screen will not be impacted.

Lint attraction- Never has been a problem for me

Ease of removal- The back is a cinch to take off, I would say it is off in under ten seconds. The top, well that is much more difficult to remove. Usually you have to work with it a bit, but I'd say a minute or so for getting the top off.

Use with multimedia dock/navigation mount- It will not fit in the multimedia dock, but if you remove the back and slide it open just a bit it will fit in the dock with no issues. It will not work with the navigation mount unless you remove the entire case.

Impact on typing- the case will impede typing a little bit, however once you get used to it you hardly notice

Look, feel, etc.- Sexy case. The texture is easy on the hands and a pleasure to hold. The color selection allows for even more customizing of the Droid, although black was my preference. Adds minimal bulk, and retains the physique of our sexy 'lil phone.

Hopefully this helps a bit. I would highly recommend this case to anyone looking for a stylish way to protect their Droid.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones