Seidio Innocase Question

Last Updated:

1. spiritedcharm

spiritedcharm Active Member This Topic's Starter

I'm thinking of ordering the Seideo case for my Droid, but I'm wondering how easy it is to pop off the back. Since I have the Motorola cradle and car mount I will have to remove it frequently and I don't want one that is difficult. Also, how to you think it will hold up to constant removal?

Advertisement
  2. walterb

walterb New Member

It is super easy. Just pop the tabs off the keyboard and it slides right off. My girlfriend and I both have the dock/car thing and have no trouble popping it off. hasn't really seem to get any looser also.

3. spiritedcharm

spiritedcharm Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you!

4. superdorf

superdorf Well-Known Member

So if you pop the back off it fits in both docks? How long to take off and put back on?

5. superdesi

superdesi Well-Known Member

Not very long what you do is open the keyboard then turn it upside down so the keyboard is on top and then you see two tabs from the innocase on the bottom of the keyboard slide. Just slightly push those tabs away from you and wa la it comes off. Reaaaaaal easy!

6. nigel11

nigel11 Member

How does the Innocase do against dropping? I am not as concerned with scratching as I am with dropping it.

7. edthesped

edthesped Member

I have the innocase on my Droid and the wife has the BodyGlove on her Droid. The innocase is nice but it doesn't instill the same confidence the BodyGlove does. I have no intention of going back to the bodyglove though. I've not yet dropped my droid so I can't say how well the innocase will hold up against a drop. FWIW, the innocase rubs against the bottom part of the droid when it opens and there is a rub mark in the area of the phone where it says "verizon" The bodyglove doesn't put any rub marks on the wife's droid. Also, my 13 y/o daughter has a bodyglove on a Samsung Rogue and she dropped it while running down the street. The phone is fine but an area of "rubber" on the bodyglove a little smaller than a dime is gone but her phone still looks mint when the case is removed.

I personally think the innocase would be more fairly priced at around $19.00

8. superdesi

superdesi Well-Known Member

Ive dropped it a few times from about 2-4 feet heights and it does a good job. what happens at impact is that 2 pieces of the seidio case pop up. Depending on the impact they may fly, however the phone takes little to no damage and stays where it lands. also, the material of seidio cases are strong enough that when the pop off the phone, they dont get damaged either. at least this is my experience with the three falls I've had so far. Idk how much damage i wouldve sustained without seidio case protecting my phone.

9. nycebo

nycebo Well-Known Member

I just got the Innocase a couple days ago. It was one heck of a great case. Indeed, I've never used cases on my Blackberries, Qs, or cell phones in the past because they just didn't gel with the form factor properly enough. The Innocase on the other hand is great. It's soft but feels firm and structured where it matters and candidly, barely feels likes it's even on. Can't speak for damage control from drops but it looks like it will definitely protect from wear and tear.