3. CM7 installed internally

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. cookiemonster79

cookiemonster79 Well-Known Member

I have a Nook Color I am planning to sell, probably to someone who just wants an Android "tablet" and doesn't care about the "factory" experience.

Right now it is running the Nook 1.1.0 software, rooted with marketplace installed. I see a few options:

1) Sell with Nook 1.1.0 rooted and ready to go. I have noticed that the market place has not updated to the latest "Play Store" so that is a concern. This needs to just work, not work with constant tweaks.

2) Sell with CM7 on a SD card.

3) Sell with CM7 installed internally.

Stability and ease of re-install is probably key here, once I sell it I don't want to play tech support and worry about things. If they have to factory reset, it should just come back up no special tricks.

Any suggestions/feedback on these options, or other recommendations?

Advertisement
  2. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

With refurbs at about $99 and yours being used, there's not a lot of incentive to put much time into it before the sale. I gave mine to a relative.
  3. cookiemonster79

Well someone is already lined up to purchase it, but I want to know what is the best way to set it up for them.

As I mentioned just rooting the stock Nook software doesn't seem to good, since the market place isn't updating to the latest "Play Store" by itself.

I am assuming CM7 will be the best bet, just not sure if I go internal or SD card.
  4. tube517

tube517 Well-Known Member Contributor

Did you ask them if they wanted stock or if they want to keep it rooted?

Are they buying it as an ereader or tablet?
    colchiro likes this.
  5. cookiemonster79

Tablet, so losing the Nook interface/features won't be an issue. However, not having the market would be so stock is a no go.
  6. tube517

I would ask them if they wanted CM7 internally or if they wanted it bootable from sd card.
  7. cookiemonster79

It is going to a non-technical person. They won't know what I am talking about, and they probably won't care. They would probably ask "which is better", and that is basically what I want to know.
  8. tube517

CM7 internally is always more stable/better in the long run because SD cards can fail. And then advise them to join this forum for help so they don't come running to you. ;)