• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root send my dx back?

hunterwrot

Jan 1, 2011
St. Augustine, FL
I recently bricked my phone while installing a rom. I didnt think i would be able to recover it so i panic and called vzw. They sent me a refurb. Befor the refurb got here i figured out sbf and fixed my phone back to normal. Then rooted and uninstalled a bunch of blur. vz nav and alot of that junk. My phone is running fine but the refurb is scratch free and in alot better shape. I think i am gonna send my original back. My plan is to sbf my original back to .320 to .340. then send it back and tell vzw that i fixed it but it is buggy. Will this work? Is this a good idea? If i factory reset then sbf will they be able to tell i once rooted it?

I recently bricked my phone while installing a rom. I didnt think i would be able to recover it so i panic and called vzw. They sent me a refurb. Befor the refurb got here i figured out sbf and fixed my phone back to normal. Then rooted and uninstalled a bunch of blur. vz nav and alot of that junk. My phone is running fine but the refurb is scratch free and in alot better shape. I think i am gonna send my original back. My plan is to sbf my original back to .320 to .340. then send it back and tell vzw that i fixed it but it is buggy. Will this work? Is this a good idea? If i factory reset then sbf will they be able to tell i once rooted it?

If you SBF it back they won't be able to tell. If you SBF it back it also shouldn't be buggy. In all honesty, i'd just send it back without saying anything. It's not like they're going to request back the one they sent you. Just make sure the refurb doesn't have a dead pixel like the one they sent me (and won't exchange).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones