Send text or call as another number?

1. sleepjunk

sleepjunk Member

I'm not sure if this is real or not, but I think I've heard of some way to cloak your phone number and fake another number on a call or text.

Anyone else ever hear of this or know what I'm talking about?

Advertisement
  2. thugacation

thugacation Active Member

I'm looking for something similar I guess.
    I used to have this app before where I could send SMSs from a number of my choosing to another person.
    I've looked for it again, can't seem to find it. Anyone have an idea what it could be?
  3. Leedaddy29

Leedaddy29 Active Member

There is an app for the calling its called super caller is faker but I'm looking for the text message one
  4. Leedaddy29

Leedaddy29 Active Member

ssuper caller id faker ****
  5. Sushilit

Sushilit New Member

Can i call a number using other number
    If yes please tell me aboum it
  6. The name is '
    Super Call Faker
    ', and with it you can fake receiving calls.

I see 3 more apps like that in the Play Store. They fake receiving calls.

Afaik there are no apps in the Play Store that fake your number when you call someone else. A.k.a. call spoofing.

There IS one app in the Play Store that purports to spoof the sender's number on text messages: 'Spoof Text Message'. I haven't tested it.
  7. alfredjarry69

alfredjarry69 Active Member

There are lots for application for fake call and SMS which you can get from Google Play. I can't mention the name for all, so i am mentioning the few name, for example:

1. Fake-Call Me
    2. Super SMS Faker
    3. Fake Call & SMS Donate ProKey
    4. Phaker - Fake Call & SMS
    5. CSB Fake Call/SMS/Battery FULL
    6. Fake Call & SMS & Call Logs

Try anyone for these and check which one worked for you.
  8. The OP is looking for an app that would 'cloak' his real number by a fake number when calling OUT. Not for receiving from a fake number.
    NC1 likes this.
  9. TheyCallMeBT

TheyCallMeBT Well-Known Member

The original post is from 2010. I believe that call spoofing has been made illegal since then.
  10. Elunah

Elunah New Member

Have you tried Google Voice? You can pick a number and then use Google Voice as an intermediary to make the call. The receiver only sees the GVoice number (assuming you do it correctly).

Sign up at voice.google.com and then download the app. You can change the settings so it lets you choose whether you want to use your GVoice number or your real number when you make a call. Voila. It also works with texts.

I personally use GVoice to maintain a consistent number even if I switch carriers, because you can usually forward calls and texts to the GVoice number and vice versa. For instance, if someone calls my work cell phone in the daytime, it simultaneously rings my GMail (PC app), work cell phone, work landline, and my backup cell phone. Beautiful.