• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sending Pics via MMS - they don't arrive reliably

s1njin

May 11, 2010
So I'm using stock 2.1 with the stock messenger app. I'm sending MMS pics to 3 seperate phones - sometimes they go thru, sometimes they don't. On my messenger app it reads the time stamp after it 'digests' it, but on the other three phones the pics don't show up (sometimes they do, but more often they do not). I'm testing against 2 ATT Go Phones (and verified texting works b/c they charge me for each tex) and 1 iphone.

What gives?

I notice (so far) reliability is much improved if I turn WiFi off ....

Well, it says its converting the message so I assume its resizing my pic as well. As far as how I'm taking them right off the camera storage OR taking a pic in realtime and adding it to the message.

I'm disappointed with the reliability of this aspect to say the least. I'm unclear as to whether or not this is a Droid issue or a Verizon issue, but I will say this: I never had this happen w/ my cheap a$$ ATT Go Phone ...

80% failure rate, to me, is unacceptable.

Upvote 0
I was having an issue receiving pics. I could send just fine, but any pic sent to me never showed up.

I called the 800 number and was instructed to perform a *228 PRL update. I did this and have not had any issues since (knock on wood). You may try the *228 PRL update to see if it fixes your issue.

Kratos

I'm glad it worked for you, but that would just be crazy for me. I just did the *228 option 1 (program your phone) 3 days ago !

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones