Sending Pics via MMS - they don't arrive reliably

Last Updated:

1. s1njin

s1njin Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I'm using stock 2.1 with the stock messenger app. I'm sending MMS pics to 3 seperate phones - sometimes they go thru, sometimes they don't. On my messenger app it reads the time stamp after it 'digests' it, but on the other three phones the pics don't show up (sometimes they do, but more often they do not). I'm testing against 2 ATT Go Phones (and verified texting works b/c they charge me for each tex) and 1 iphone.

What gives?

I notice (so far) reliability is much improved if I turn WiFi off ....

Advertisement
  2. rb240z

rb240z Active Member

pics dont work for me like 80% of the time. I do it all thru gmail now..

3. mobrienjr

mobrienjr Well-Known Member

depends on how big the file size is. Also how are you sending the pics. I also do share pic in the camera, and have not had many issues.

4. s1njin

Well, it says its converting the message so I assume its resizing my pic as well. As far as how I'm taking them right off the camera storage OR taking a pic in realtime and adding it to the message.

I'm disappointed with the reliability of this aspect to say the least. I'm unclear as to whether or not this is a Droid issue or a Verizon issue, but I will say this: I never had this happen w/ my cheap a$$ ATT Go Phone ...

80% failure rate, to me, is unacceptable.

5. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

I was having an issue receiving pics. I could send just fine, but any pic sent to me never showed up.

I called the 800 number and was instructed to perform a *228 PRL update. I did this and have not had any issues since (knock on wood). You may try the *228 PRL update to see if it fixes your issue.

Kratos

6. s1njin

I'm glad it worked for you, but that would just be crazy for me. I just did the *228 option 1 (program your phone) 3 days ago !

7. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

Well, that changes everything then. Maybe call Verizon to make sure everything got set up and activated properly.

Best of luck,
    Kratos

8. kyleonfire

kyleonfire Well-Known Member

This has always happened to me since I first got Verizon with my Voyager. There must be something about network types cuz if I'm sending pics/vids to anyone on a carrier other than Verizon they either delay or never get there