sending pictures from phone to pc or flash driveSupport

Last Updated:

1. folivieri

folivieri New Member

hi , Im trying to upload pictures from my samsung admire to my pc or flash drive via usb but how do you do it, doesn't seem to work. I also tried different things like just sending pictures from phone to my email but theres no pic attachments. I would like to just transfer pictures from my phone to a flash drive. Any advice or instruction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Frank

2. alpha0990

alpha0990 Well-Known Member

Install Samsung Kies.
  3. skaterneko

skaterneko Member

Make sure you mount your SD Card.
  4. gelige

gelige Well-Known Member

A dead simple easy way is to install google plus, and allow autodownloading to private album.
  5. beachgod

beachgod New Member

This worked for me in XP:
    Attach it to the computer with a USB cable, then just treat it as a flash drive i.e. explore the drive. The photos and videos will be in drive:\DCIM\CAMERA.

Then copy the photos to your computer or direct to your flash drive if you have enough usb inputs.
  6. ZeroShot

ZeroShot Well-Known Member

No even easy with no wires. Download "software data cable". I'm sure u have wireless at home that u use for ur phone. And ur computer is on the same network as ur wireless. U just use ur puter to FTP into ur phone. Its alittle slower then USB but no wires.
  7. wmurphy1975

wmurphy1975 Well-Known Member

Actually you can install Dropbox on your phone and enable "Camera Upload". Then as soon as you take pictures they will be instantly uploaded to your Dropbox and if installed on your computer they will be synced to there also. For more information click here.
  8. RobertT22

RobertT22 Well-Known Member

9. GTK313

GTK313 Well-Known Member

Did you install the samsung admire phone driver ?
  10. InFiD3ViL

InFiD3ViL Well-Known Member

This is pretty much what I do. Saves a ton of time and happens in the background without you even noticing it.

Dropbox is great. I use it for transferring apps to my phone and to my other family members.

Not sure why people are not aware that all you have to do when your phone is attached to pc with a USB charging cable is pull down your notification bar and press "USB Connected: Select to copy files to/from your computer"

It mounts your SD card just as if you attached it to your pc manually. Also charges your phone while you copy files.

*Just make sure to have the Samsung Admire USB driver installed on your system first.