• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sense Weather on Incredible

yeah it keeps telling me I'm one town to the south than i really am. If i open the maps app it jumps to real location but then goes back to that town to the south once i close it

Now this does not help the one in 'Hong Kong", but the city listed is where the tower you are hitting is located. I wonder if the name assigned to the tower you hit is incorrect. (That may help explain "Hong Kong".)

Where I am I have an iffy signal at best. Mine will show, Coopersville, then maybe Marne, then maybe Allendale, and even sometimes even Tallmadge Twp, (cant get much smaller location than that) and I have not moved an inch.

Upvote 0
HTC has a pre-determined list of cities. If your city is not on that list, you cannot add it to the Weather widget.

It was the same way on the WM phones by HTC. On the WM phones we had access to the file that contained the list of cities and we are able to manually add our cities to the list.

When I fist got my Sprint Hero I looked for that list but could not fine it.

It would be nice if someone can locate that file and write an app that allows use to add cities to the HTC list of cities. Also allow use to run the app WITHOUT rooting our phone.

For the lack of a better word, that blows. hhmm at least theres the weather channel app

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones