• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sensor usuage for Camera

Rube8514

Mar 16, 2010
I opened up my spare parts and looked at what has been hogging my battery and for Sensor usage for total since boot...the camera is 3d 8h 40m 55s....being the next one is the android system is at 13h 15m 52s....wtf is going on...why is my camera staying on??:mad:

After I performed the Android 2.1 update, my handset's camera app used copious amounts of battery life. Well, I mean, when I was on the stock ROM, it did, as I am rooted and on AOSP Android 2.3 right now. ;)

Something that HTC changed in the Android 2.1 update made that camera app use the battery fast. It was weird though because it never remained running after I stopped using the camera, it just used A LOT of battery juice when I did use it. :thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones