• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Separating wallpapers from caller IDs from camera pics in Eclair/2.1?

D

Deleted User

Not sure if this has been asked before, but the "similar threads" aren't similar at all... Anyway, when I go to set my wallpaper, for instance, I see all my caller ID pics. I really shouldn't have to sort through the faces of all my contacts in order to change my wallpaper, should I?

I suppose camera pics would be okay to use as wallpaper, since it's the same aspect ratio (as opposed to 1:1 for caller ID pics) but I'd prefer to filter them. I make my own wallpapers... well, I take wallpapers I have, and crop them to the correct aspect ratio (and cut off edges, sometimes). I have some professional-quality wallpapers, too.

Also, with regards to quality, the ones I make aren't quite as sharp as the ones that come with the phone. I'm cropping and resizing to 320x260 or whatever the phone's native resolution is. Should I not be doing that? Should I leave them at whatever size? Will this benefit the image? Cost me battery life?

Lastly, should I be posting them here? I can post the ones that aren't obviously copyrighted (e.g. the two House, MD wallpapers I made for my wife), that shouldn't be a problem. One's green with an artsy swirl design similar to the default US Cellular one (but not based on it); the other is the moon and Earth, with the moon only visible on the left screen. (The others are the two House, MD wallpapers and one for Rock Band 2. I don't really like either, though, as important details are obscured by icons.)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones