• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Setting Priorities

danix803

Lurker
Nov 18, 2010
I have a motorola droid (Verizon Wireless) and am using easytether pro, connected to a Dell D820 LT with windows vista home edition.
I loaded bittorrent on it. BT smokes at nearly 200kbs. However, while it's running I can't use MSIE 8. I know that this sounds like a BT problem and not a droid problem.
However, I can't see my easytether connection in control panel -> network settings... I'd really LOVE to configure the settings myself so that the LT doesn't have to always look (broadcast) for the gateway and DN servers... I have no idea how to get to them... and have not found anything on the sites for easytether or google...
Basically, BT is ultra-fast and steady... MSIE 8 works pretty well, but intermittently when BT is not running...
Is there an application network priority system somewhere??? I've never heard of it... so, I'm assuming that the speed is because BT is not searching for servers, it already knows where they are (because they are hardwire in)... and easytether doesn't, so it just broadcasts and hopes for an answer within the timeout period...
At any rate, I'm lost with this... I would really appreciate any insight that anyone may have on this intermittent problem...
Also, is there a way to set a droid (easytether) as a proxy in MSIE???
I hope that I'm putting this all into the correct spot and that it's helpful and productive to others...

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones