• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Severe Camera Problems

Same issue fire me. Update doesn't help, hard reset doesn't help, changing save location didn't help, I literally tried changing every camera setting, still freezes after taking every few pictures (and always the good ones :/ ). As soon as I have a steinheil crystal in hand I'll exchange my Inc.

Upvote 0
My phone was the same,called csr replaced the phone the new one works perfect I have taken abut 100 pics with it before and after the update.
If yours is doing this get it replaced... IMHO hope this helps:rolleyes:

I love this forum; best info. I did factory reset and same deal; camera freezes after taking pics at times. on my phone when it occurs, i have to power the phone OFF before i can get the camera to even display anything again... i haven't used the camera much since i got the phone, glad i did. i have been using the SD card since day one also. This may be something everyone should ensure they do before the first 30 days lapse; test camera!!

i have the OTA update in place also; edit..

Upvote 0
I just got a replacement and it is still having the same issue. I'm starting to wonder if this is more of a software issue. To those who have gotten their replacement units, have you tested the new unit throughly? It took me a few minutes before the camera crashed again. Please post your findings

Sorry, that's a bummer to get a replacement and have it do the same thing. I haven't returned mine because the problem is so intermittent. It will go days without freezing and then it will do it three or four times in a row. I agree with your conclusion that it's a software problem. so I'm hoping a future update will take care of it.

Right now, it's just annoying and I have way too much time invested in setting my phone up the way I want it to return it now unless it crashes completely. Everything else is working great!

Upvote 0
Thank you for updating that the replacement does the same thing. Mine is freezing too and I have contemplated a replacement but don't want to bother if it is the same camera with same problem.

I agree it is some kind of software problem, I really hope they address it. Has anyone contacted HTC about it? And is it worthwhile to contact Verizon even if we don't want to get a replacement? Do they keep track of these kind of issues so they can be looked into?

Damn, otherwise this is such a great phone!! But this is a very annoying problem.

Upvote 0
This seemed to have helped me out. Maybe I was pressing the volume buttons accidentally without even knowing it. I tried to do it purposefully, and just as predicted, the camera froze upon taking a picture. Force-closing it and re-opening it, I took another picture while making sure not to touch any buttons and it worked perfectly.

At first, my problem would only occur when I tried to take pictures without using the flash, but after being consciously aware of not hitting the volume buttons, no-flash pictures work now as well. Will update if anything happens again.

I think I have the fix for the freezing problem. The same thing kept happening to me last night while taking pictures at a wedding.

I found out that I was accidentally pressing the volume key while snapping a pic. Very easy to do because of where it is located, and the way I was holding the camera. Also the hard silicone case made it very easy for the volume keys to be depressed. When I first installed the case I had to stretch it out a bit so the volume rocker would not stick when depressed. Solved my problem and has worked perfect ever since !

Hope this helps !

Bottom Line: Make sure you are not depressing the volume rocker as you press the shutter button (optical trackball) to snap your photo !

Upvote 0
i think i know how 2 fix it...it is a weird roundabout solution
-goto ur gallery
-select the latest photo you have taken from your camera(or basically any photo taken from your mobile will work)
-here`s the tricky part...long press the photo,and select "show on map" from the menu
-let the mobile take its course using the maps installed on ur phone(it should take 2-3 mins max depending on ur speed of course)
-u r DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!! the camera should work just fine now

***** what happens is that the photo tries to tag itself from the location involved which sends it 2 a continuous loop hence the camera stops working*****
if any queries,PM me

Upvote 0
My problem is similar, but with one exception and that is my camcorder causes the freeze problem. I can take pictures just fine, but when I go to record video I get the screen freezing problem. The camcorder was working fine up until very recently and my phone is over a year old. I have not been able to figure out what has suddenly caused this problem. I removed the barcode scanner and did a reboot to see if that would solve the problem, but no change. Any suggestions?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones