• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories SGP Steinheil "early next week"

Upvote 0
I think I may also get the crystal

But I guess it depends how important a crystal clear screen is vs no wiping, daylight readability, smoothness.

Crystal: Not Blurry, but smudges make it hard to see, especially in daylight, but you can always wipe it down I guess

Anti-fingerprint: no need to wipe down, smoother screen, better daylight readability, but always blurry

Upvote 0
Who wants that one? Crystal is the way to go. I'm for sure getting the crystal. Steinheil is the best on the market.

I'm going to go for the Crystal. I just ordered the nexus one case which should "clean" the screen for me when I slide the phone back in.

And I don't want to lose any quality.

If I see a problem with Swype, I can just always order the other. Its not like they are a billion dollars.

We should put up a poll. I know a bunch of us have been waiting on these and babying our phones.

Now when will the oem extended battery come out :p

Upvote 0
Crystal for sure. I never found it annoying wiping down the screen of fingerprints. It's not like its hard to do... just a quick wipe and you're ready to go.

The anti-fingerprint one just looks dull to me. However, I am a bit concerned that the guy in the vid said that the crystal one is harder to swipe on. I might just end up going naked... the glass on the phone looks pretty tough.

Upvote 0
I bought the anti-fingerprint and the crystal for my Droid. Although the ant-fingerprint is very nice (not having to deal with any smudges and stuff) it is no where near the clarity of the crystal. I highly recommend the Crystal. Especially seeings how these screens are so high resolution.

How is the smoothness (like with swyping) compared to with nothing

Upvote 0
the way i see it... if we knew without a SHADOW of a doubt that our screens would never get scratched, we would never put a protector on. That being the case.. you would smudge the glass.

taking that logic, I apply it to screen protectors and the choice is easy! clear vs anti smudge ANY day of the week. I want the pure, vibrant screen and its amazing resolution untarnished! haha, i know that might sound a little crazy but cloudy covers annoy the hell out of me and make the display seem inferior to what it really is.

again... this is all my opinion, but i really dont mind occasionally wiping the glass when its angled in the light in such a way to show smudges. I'd be doing it if I was going naked anyway!

Upvote 0
the way i see it... if we knew without a SHADOW of a doubt that our screens would never get scratched, we would never put a protector on. That being the case.. you would smudge the glass.

Actually, I'm more worried about smudges than scratches. I'm fairly careful with my phone, and it only goes in my right front pocket where the only other thing I put in there is money. I highly doubt I would ever scratch the screen through normal use, however I am a somewhat oily man. The fignerprints bother way more than a couple of scratches might.

Upvote 0
Actually, I'm more worried about smudges than scratches. I'm fairly careful with my phone, and it only goes in my right front pocket where the only other thing I put in there is money. I highly doubt I would ever scratch the screen through normal use, however I am a somewhat oily man. The fignerprints bother way more than a couple of scratches might.

then in your case, by all means go for the anti finger print! steinheil does make one of the better ones and they aren't too clouded / have no orange peal effect (last i was aware of).

it all comes down to opinion and needs. these are both great examples where users' needs differ!

Upvote 0
I have an anti glare/anti sludge screen on my iPhone 3Gs since the day I picked it up..Seriously, its perfect to me! Yes u trade a small amount of vibratness, but u never ever have to worry about fingerprints, and even more importantly scratches. Oh, and also much easier to use outdoors in sunlight. It was the first accessory I grabbed in apple. Deffinity worth putting on.

Upvote 0
I they would make matte displays. My LCD monitor is perfectly clear yet it does not pick up fingerprints (very well) and does not show glare. However, its made of plastic so it would probably scratch very easily. But one one think it would be possible to make a matte screen cover than is "clear".

Upvote 0
people need to chill out about people posting information that has already been posted.

No one will want to post anything cause "surely it has been discussed before". If you saw it already just dont click the thread. Pretty simple concept. Stop making the OP'ers feel like crap for posting something that has already been discussed.

Upvote 0
people need to chill out about people posting information that has already been posted.

No one will want to post anything cause "surely it has been discussed before". If you saw it already just dont click the thread. Pretty simple concept. Stop making the OP'ers feel like crap for posting something that has already been discussed.

You are wrong.

Reactions: howarmat
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones