• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

shapewriter

hello android community,
i tried to search for a thread on installing shapewriter and haven't found one, so i'm wondering if anyone has allowed unauthorized apps on their G1 and installed shapewriter, and if they have what results they are getting.

The only complaint i've got is no virtual keyboard and the phone gets hot, other than that it's great, and the status bar is the best addition to a phone OS in a long time.

According to their site (and others), I don't think shapewriter has been released and/or ported to Android or the T-Mobile G1. But I think it's an important point to bring up, that the G1 does not have a virtual keyboard. While the Qwerty keypad looks to be doing a great job for most users, I'm sure there are potential users that would consider even more the G1 if it had this offering.
So here's to hoping for a virtual keypad. Once you think about it, a trackball, touchscreen (IF it had a keypad) , and physical keypad/keys allows the end user a huge variety of input options, and with that the developer much more options in terms of creativity and possibilities.
With the release of the Android source code, this allows developers/companies even MORE leverage than they already have to use Android's OS to develop such a system.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones