• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

sharing upgrades???

jasperwill

Android Enthusiast
May 7, 2010
Oregon
i would like to help my friend get a android phone to match mine.

i have 3 lines on my family plan and one of them is ready for a NE2 upgrade.

my plan is to use my upgrade to buy another droid incredible and then once it arrives activate it, then re-activate the old one and hand him the new one to activate on his plan.

does that make sense?

and is it feasible?

Yes, you can do that.

You may get a call from Verizon (or have to go to the Verizon store) to release the ESN for him to activate.

The only requirement is that the phone be first activated under the line getting the NE2 upgrade.

I ordered my phone under my husband's NE2, activated it under his number, then activated my old phone under his number and the new phone under my number.

I bet a lot of people wish they had a friend as nice as you!

Good Luck.

Upvote 0
we did it today, very flawlessly.
i called verizon had them activate the phone onto my second line, reactivate the original phone and then called the owner of that line and had them do *228 option 1 again (called them at work number)
then my friend called up using my phone and activated the incredible on his line :)

took all of 30 minutes i think...

had lots of fun setting up his new phone and showing him all the things he can now do. before he just had a cheap touch screen phone (no email, no internet, ect. just phone and txt.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones