1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

shazam update

Last Updated:

1. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So shazam was updated yesterday and previous users got the update to the paid version for free, nice. But tomorrow I am switching to the Droid X, am I going to have to pay for shazam on my new phone? I emailed shazam with my question and have got no response.

Advertisement
  2. jwmacdon1231

jwmacdon1231 Well-Known Member

Forget Shazam! SoundHound is way better.

3. Megs

Megs Well-Known Member

I would think that since its from the google marketplace that as long as you signed up on your Droid X with the same login as the one on your regular Droid it would stay the same?

I know that any apps I had purchased were allowed to be downloaded on any of the versions of android I decided to play with.

4. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yes all the purchased apps were there, but i just found out all i have is the free version of shazam now. Doesn't really matter, i tag less than 5 songs a month, just sucks to lose features just because i upgrade phones.

5. snapcase

snapcase Well-Known Member

I didn't even notice it had an update until I read this thread and checked. Luckily it properly grandfathered me in for unlimited tags, but it still has the ads in it. Not that I honestly mind.

6. Alberto_jr

Alberto_jr Active Member

I like that soundhound gives the lyrics to the songs. But it's just a clip of te songs. If i buy the full version does it play the complete song?

7. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Well-Known Member

That does suck for someone if the app doesn't recognize that you have downloaded the app previously. I think I got grandfathered but not positive. I guess I need to check. If not I may still buy the app I may not. I have used it to clean up my music collection alot already but am not anywhere near done.

8. thomasanderson

thomasanderson Well-Known Member

I am confused as to whether or not I got grandfathered. Ive had this app since forever but after the update I have a banner in the app that reads "7 day initial trial of full features", under the "tagging" tab. Does anyone else who was grandfathered have this banner? If I click on the banner I am taken to a page to purchase the full version. What gives?

9. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

Hit Menu>Settings>Payment Status. It should say that you've paid for Shazam which would mean you have been grandfathered in.

thomasanderson likes this.
  10. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

if you downloaded it again from the new phone it will be the limited "trial" version with ads. If you did a backup of your apps on the previous phone and installed it from that you maybe ok. That's what I did since the Market didn't keep track based on the account.

11. Kurisu

Kurisu Well-Known Member

What do you guys think of my scenario. I installed Shazam back when I first got my phone sometime in mid June. I tried using it a couple of times and on both counts, it failed to ID the song, thus, there is nothing in my My Tags section.

Am I correct in assuming that I'll end up with the 5-a-month trial version if I update it? I have no idea how long the old version will work but I haven't bothered updating it. I seem to pass up on a lot of updates on apps that have newer limitations put in or has many comments about how it developed 'new' problems.

Needless to say I get the new updates available reminders all the time:D

Thanks

12. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

use astrozip and backup your current app installation to your memory card. Then if you want you can update and revert back to a good version if need.

13. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

Guess I got grandfathered, lucky me! I didn't even realize they were doing this.

14. Kurisu

Kurisu Well-Known Member

Really? I did not know that, thank you.

Nevermind, I figured it out! Thanks!

15. thomasanderson

thomasanderson Well-Known Member

Wow, looks like I got hosed. Worked on the wifes Hero, but not on my Evo. I put it on both phones the same day. WTF! Emailed tech support two days ago, still havent heard anything.