shazam update

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by chrlswltrs, Jul 15, 2010.

1. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Male
    Private Security
    Seattle
    So shazam was updated yesterday and previous users got the update to the paid version for free, nice. But tomorrow I am switching to the Droid X, am I going to have to pay for shazam on my new phone? I emailed shazam with my question and have got no response.

Advertisement
  2. jwmacdon1231

jwmacdon1231 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Student
    Houston, TX
    Forget Shazam! SoundHound is way better.

3. Megs

Megs Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2010
    Canuck
    I would think that since its from the google marketplace that as long as you signed up on your Droid X with the same login as the one on your regular Droid it would stay the same?

I know that any apps I had purchased were allowed to be downloaded on any of the versions of android I decided to play with.

4. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Male
    Private Security
    Seattle
    Yes all the purchased apps were there, but i just found out all i have is the free version of shazam now. Doesn't really matter, i tag less than 5 songs a month, just sucks to lose features just because i upgrade phones.

5. snapcase

snapcase Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    I didn't even notice it had an update until I read this thread and checked. Luckily it properly grandfathered me in for unlimited tags, but it still has the ads in it. Not that I honestly mind.

6. Alberto_jr

Alberto_jr Active Member

Jun 9, 2010
    I like that soundhound gives the lyrics to the songs. But it's just a clip of te songs. If i buy the full version does it play the complete song?

7. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Customer Service/ Quality Assurance Supervisor
    Richmond ,KY
    That does suck for someone if the app doesn't recognize that you have downloaded the app previously. I think I got grandfathered but not positive. I guess I need to check. If not I may still buy the app I may not. I have used it to clean up my music collection alot already but am not anywhere near done.

8. thomasanderson

thomasanderson Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2009
    I am confused as to whether or not I got grandfathered. Ive had this app since forever but after the update I have a banner in the app that reads "7 day initial trial of full features", under the "tagging" tab. Does anyone else who was grandfathered have this banner? If I click on the banner I am taken to a page to purchase the full version. What gives?

9. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

Hit Menu>Settings>Payment Status. It should say that you've paid for Shazam which would mean you have been grandfathered in.

thomasanderson likes this.
  10. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2009
    IT
    Central NY
    if you downloaded it again from the new phone it will be the limited "trial" version with ads. If you did a backup of your apps on the previous phone and installed it from that you maybe ok. That's what I did since the Market didn't keep track based on the account.

11. Kurisu

Kurisu Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2010
    What do you guys think of my scenario. I installed Shazam back when I first got my phone sometime in mid June. I tried using it a couple of times and on both counts, it failed to ID the song, thus, there is nothing in my My Tags section.

Am I correct in assuming that I'll end up with the 5-a-month trial version if I update it? I have no idea how long the old version will work but I haven't bothered updating it. I seem to pass up on a lot of updates on apps that have newer limitations put in or has many comments about how it developed 'new' problems.

Needless to say I get the new updates available reminders all the time:D

Thanks

12. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2009
    IT
    Central NY
    use astrozip and backup your current app installation to your memory card. Then if you want you can update and revert back to a good version if need.

13. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands
    VIP Member

Mar 4, 2010
    operator
    upstate NY
    Guess I got grandfathered, lucky me! I didn't even realize they were doing this.

14. Kurisu

Kurisu Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Really? I did not know that, thank you.

Nevermind, I figured it out! Thanks!

15. thomasanderson

thomasanderson Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2009
    Wow, looks like I got hosed. Worked on the wifes Hero, but not on my Evo. I put it on both phones the same day. WTF! Emailed tech support two days ago, still havent heard anything.