• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Should I come back to Incredible?

I am very impressed by the Samsung Galaxy S. My neighbor works for T-Mobile and she has their version of the Galaxy S. She let me play with it. WOW ! It would suck if it was released in November and not sooner. Especially with rumors of a 2ghz phone on the horizon. Ho hum.

It's amazing how many phones are coming out right now! It's almost like comparing phones now is just pointless ;p

At this rate, you might as well just get a phone now. Once you wait 6 months for a rumored phone, a way better one will be rumored shortly after. It's a never ending cycle and you will go Crazy.

That being said, I have bad bias towards T-Mobile and wouldn't switch back to it for any phone.

I had T-Mobile for 4 years in 2 states and with lots of traveling. They have horrid phone service, poor data connection. If you don't live smack dead in the city, you are in trouble - go just a little bit into the boonies, and you have no call ability, not even roaming.

There are lots of articles pointing to T-Mobile going south too.

Upvote 0
I don't see the fascinate coming out till like October-November

with the Droid inc being released in April/may

the Droid x now in july

the droid 2 in august

i see it sometime in november

so that might not exactly be something the poster may want to wait for

that being said, i probably will be buying a fascinate if it impresses me as the vibrant and captivate both have

Out of curiosity, are you paying full retail for each phone? Or are you just selling the current phone and using the profit toward a new one?

I never figured out how people change phones so frequently.

Yeah, when the Fascinate comes out (about 1 month afterward), I'll see the reviews and consider if I want to switch from the Incredible.

As much as I love the DI, I really feel like HTC half-assed it this time; this phone had so much potential and yet is so unpolished. Perfect size, though.

Upvote 0
I am very impressed by the Samsung Galaxy S. My neighbor works for T-Mobile and she has their version of the Galaxy S. She let me play with it. WOW ! It would suck if it was released in November and not sooner. Especially with rumors of a 2ghz phone on the horizon. Ho hum.

Yeah, but I do not believe a Galaxy S 2 (with 2 ghz processor) would be released within 6 months of the Galaxy S. Does not make sense. Summer 2011? More likely.

My old roommate got the Vibrant (Galaxy S on Tmo) and said the battery life is awesome. I have used the phone at Tmo and the processor is fast, TouchWiz does not lag the phone like Sense does (for me). The screen is insane.

I just hear Samsung has a poor track record of supporting phones after they have been released.

Upvote 0
Out of curiosity, are you paying full retail for each phone? Or are you just selling the current phone and using the profit toward a new one?

I never figured out how people change phones so frequently.

Yeah, when the Fascinate comes out (about 1 month afterward), I'll see the reviews and consider if I want to switch from the Incredible.

As much as I love the DI, I really feel like HTC half-assed it this time; this phone had so much potential and yet is so unpolished. Perfect size, though.

Sometimes i buy full retail although i haven't dropped 500 for a phone in awhile

I know it's wrong but i get bored alot with my phones and sometiimes i just call and make a random complaint(again i know its bad)

I do it enough and then refer back to the same issue(after getting replacement after replacement)
and 90% of the time i always get a new phone of my choice

Upvote 0
I'd switch back to the Incredible, but that's just my personal preference. I've played around with the X and it's very nice. Blur (and Sense for that matter) are a non-issue for me as I prefer LauncherPro.

So who are you going to trust? Me or a hot 17 year-old girl? Yeah, I don't blame you. :D

(and no I am definitely not "creepin'". If I were younger and less married, then it would be a different story). :D

Reactions: Syv3n
Upvote 0
After reading all these responses I'm starting to feel like a crazy person. I understand that I shouldn't expect the DINC forum to praise the X, but all the negativity is so strange. All these reviews about the X's software, especially the reviewer that claimed BLUR made the phone UNUSABLE confuse the hell out of me. It's a UI.... it's like saying you can't use an OS because a certain theme comes pre-loaded. Think the widgets are useless/ugly? Don't use them. In a recent poll 75% of people admit to using LauncherPro anyway, which makes all this moot. I'll admit Sense is pretty, but it has its share of useless widgets as well.

And before anyone attacks me as some kind of X fanboy, I currently own BOTH the DINC and the X. I love them both, and I have sat them both down side bide side and moved through screens and apps, and they both "lag" in their own unique way. My X has never actually stopped or froze, and it seems to handle almost everything at least equal to the DINC, if not slightly better. Also, both the X and DINC's battery seemed bad the first few days, but got much better after a few full charges. The X has only been out a week, so for most people you'd just now be getting accurate readings, and I've been noticing slightly better battery performance lately on my X. Most people spend the first few days with a new phone trying so many new things, you can't expect the battery to be epic. And I swear live wallpapers require a steady IV drip straight from the battery.

One thing I do think the DINC is definitely better at is pictures. The X can take some really nice ones, but unless you have TONS of light, a lot of them come out blurry.

All in all, I'm keeping the X and giving the DINC to my wife. I'm one of those weird people who like a bigger phone. I travel a lot, and spend a lot of that travel time watching movies and shows, and even though the size difference is pretty minor in reality, the DINC was just too small for long periods of viewing.

Anyway, I don't want to get to a point where it seems like I'm ranting. I'd say to the OP, ignore most reviewers completely, especially ones who claim a phone is useless because of a minor (and ignorable with LauncherPro) tweak to an OS you already know and love. The X is a great phone, and 2.2 will make it, and all other phones that get it better. To me it was always about size, not just getting the newest thing out there. If you like big, the X is perfect. If big is debatable or a non-issue, stick with the DINC. Just know that either way you go, there is going to be support and a lot of passionate users to talk to.

Upvote 0
I see a lot of debates between Sense and Blur, but I plan on using LaucherPro, so that is a mute point. I just purchased the X over the Dinc. I use my phone basically for calls, pictures, and web browsing. This will be my first Droid.

I have looked online at Motorola and HTC to see what the stock widgets are, I can't really find what they are. Can someone that has both tell me what phone widgets they prefer? Which ones do you lose having the X versus the Dinc and vice versa?

Upvote 0
Since I got my DInc, I haven't looked back. EVERY phone has pros and cons. Unless you're going to purchase the "flavor of the month" on a constant basis, stick with what you already have, the DInc or the X.

I have clients say their waiting for this laptop or that laptop... they keep getting faster and lighter. Iin the end, they are CONSTANTLY waiting for a laptop! You have to jump in with the best choice FOR YOU and move on! In 6 months, it will be outdated too. Doesn't mean it't still not an awesome phone though.

Having said all that, I'm sticking with my DInc no matter what comes out in the next year or longer. I've had NO problems with my phone at all. When people see it they want to play with it. It's really an awesome device. I have NO need to compare it to any other device out there since I'm VERY satisified with it and don't need to keep looking for a replacement for my Incredible.

To me, it's kinda like buying a new car and then you keep looking for a new car...

Reactions: Damn_Smooth
Upvote 0
I'd switch back to the Incredible, but that's just my personal preference. I've played around with the X and it's very nice. Blur (and Sense for that matter) are a non-issue for me as I prefer LauncherPro.

So who are you going to trust? Me or a hot 17 year-old girl? Yeah, I don't blame you. :D

(and no I am definitely not "creepin'". If I were younger and less married, then it would be a different story). :D

Lol....

I actually have installed Launcherpro and I see what people mean...it is a lot faster than stock blur interface and it even gives me sense capabilities as well.
Almost like the best of both worlds....

Love it

Upvote 0
My first post here... Been lurking for quite some time... Have VZW and an enV2 (yes)... Still works fine... I'm tempted by the Incredible and X... I've gone to VZ stores and Best Buy to get a chance to play with both... For me, I think the Incredible would be better suited from a size standpooint... However, my debate now is do I really want to take on the the extra $$ for the data plan in my monthly bill (Family Share Plan, 3 lines, 700 mins, unlimited text, gov't discount = $123/month)...

Upvote 0
screen lag. outside speaker not loud enough(sucks). ringer problems. and of cours the whole user experience (UI) are a few major reasons i stayed with the Dinc. the only real issue i had is battery life. thats no longer a problem. if you want a bigger screen get the X.

if you do get the X you'll spend allot of joyful hours trying to make it look like the Dinc;)
so why not just get the real thing:)

Upvote 0
I was with some friends the other day and they all had either EVO's or Droid X's. When I whipped out my DInc they all laughed at how small it was. :(

;)

Dude! You could laugh at them for carrying around a license plate for a phone! (Slight exaggeration, I know...)

The DInc is a much better phone and way more functional. If the X was so great, why does Verizon have some of them, but can't keep the DInc in stock????

Your friends are suffering from "DInc envy"... :D

Upvote 0
Dude! You could laugh at them for carrying around a license plate for a phone! (Slight exaggeration, I know...)

The DInc is a much better phone and way more functional. If the X was so great, why does Verizon have some of them, but can't keep the DInc in stock????

Your friends are suffering from "DInc envy"... :D

It's all good. I end up having to show them how to do stuff on their phones quite often. My DInc may be small, but I know how to use it!

Upvote 0
I was with some friends the other day and they all had either EVO's or Droid X's. When I whipped out my DInc they all laughed at how small it was. :(

;)

I've had people laugh at mine too when compared to the Evo and Droid X...but it works for me so I don't care!

Doesn't help that I'm a short woman with small hands ;) so I physically have trouble holding the Evo and the X. My boyfriend laughed when I tried to hold them in Best Buy the other day as I really had to stretch my hands to do so.

That's one reason why I really won't go any bigger than the Incredible (or the iPhone since it's a tad wider but still "holdable"). I know for many guys that the size of the Evo and the X isn't an issue

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones