• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Should I override android volume settings to make my app LOUDER?

Should I override android volume settings to make my app LOUDER?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • maybe

• no opinion

• Total voters
Good morning, I have published a simple alarm clock app for a celebrity, and there are a few issues I am concerned with. Maybe the community could weigh in on these issues.......
1) Users are complaining the volume level of my alarm is NOT LOUD ENOUGH. Would it be advisable to actually increase/override the android volume settings, or am i risking legal implications for hearing loss etc....
2) What kind of sales volume happens with a popular app? Sales averages 1st day, week, month. Trends up and down. Any info is appreciated, I want my app to shine!
Thanks

Good morning, I have published a simple alarm clock app for a celebrity, and there are a few issues I am concerned with. Maybe the community could weigh in on these issues.......
1) Users are complaining the volume level of my alarm is NOT LOUD ENOUGH. Would it be advisable to actually increase/override the android volume settings, or am i risking legal implications for hearing loss etc....

I'd consider making it OPTIONAL, for the user to decide. Otherwise, you risk scaring your users and those around them pretty badly with a sound much louder than they're expecting.

No clue about your second question.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones