• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Should I root my EVO?

EVOeli

Jul 27, 2010
Alright so I'm getting extremely bored with my evo and I was wonderng if it would be wise to give rooting a shot. Also, would I still be able to go back to running standard HTC sense if I wanted to? Will it be completely out of warrantty if i were to take it in to the sprint store to get repaired somewhere down the line?

Alright so I'm getting extremely bored with my evo and I was wonderng if it would be wise to give rooting a shot. Also, would I still be able to go back to running standard HTC sense if I wanted to? Will it be completely out of warrantty if i were to take it in to the sprint store to get repaired somewhere down the line?

All yes. But last one.... is yes but you can run a ruin and get your phone back to stock be fore u take it in and they will then honer your warranty. And yo aftter rooting there are end less things u can change on your phone. And even more so on asop roms

Upvote 0
Yeah rooting looks like the way to go... Are there any roms out there right now that are running something similar to touchwiz? I'm basically looking to completely change the look of my phone, especially the status bar haha, it's just getting so annoying and boring and plain. Another thing would be the messaging apps - do the messaging apps change with the Rom you pick? I'm completely sorry for being a complete novice when it comes to rooting, thanks again everyone, this is a wonderful community.

Upvote 0
Yeah rooting looks like the way to go... Are there any roms out there right now that are running something similar to touchwiz? I'm basically looking to completely change the look of my phone, especially the status bar haha, it's just getting so annoying and boring and plain. Another thing would be the messaging apps - do the messaging apps change with the Rom you pick? I'm completely sorry for being a complete novice when it comes to rooting, thanks again everyone, this is a wonderful community.

Most of the roms use the stock message apps but there are good alternatives in the market. I use Handcent on both mine and my wife's rooted Evos. Works very well.

Upvote 0

YES, yes and yes.... the most critical thing about rooting is to make nandroid backups and dont overclock it too much if your worried about fryin it... but root is effen bomb diggity and this forum has some serious jedis that can help you recover from almost anything!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones