Should I wait for new card to root?

Last Updated:

1. Nitewolf

Nitewolf Member This Topic's Starter

I've had my hero for a few months now. Been debating on and off about rooting. After seeing all the stuff with damagecontrol I finally decided I can't wait any longer to do it. I have a few hours this afternoon to spare and get it done, but tomorrow my new 16gb Class 6 micro sd card should be arriving.

If I were to root today, would it be a problem putting the new card in tomorrow, or should I just wait till my new card comes in? :confused:

Long time lurker, first time poster, huge tinkerer. I can't believe I've held out this long before rooting my phone.

Advertisement
  2. SamXp

SamXp Well-Known Member

Go on and root. When you get your new card, just copy the old one to the new one and it will sub right in.

3. blampars

blampars Well-Known Member

I don't think that it should be a problem for you. I originally rooted with my two gig sdcard and then later replaced it with my eight gig card without any problems.

oh and welcome to the forums!

4. Nitewolf

Good to hear. Thanks for the quick feedback.

5. 702DROID

702DROID Well-Known Member

as long as you dont set up for apps2sd you shoudl be fine

6. Nitewolf

Another question.

After more reading and research, it appears to me like with the new Damage Control V1 ROM there aren't quite as many tweaks yet?

I used to go to the newest thing all the time with other items in the past, and it usually ended up with me waiting for more people to come up with new tweaks to get things working in a more customized way. Is this the case with the new 2.1 roms? From what I've read it appears that there is more I can do with a 1.5 rom then with a 2.1 rom for the time being.

7. ftothe3

ftothe3 Well-Known Member

not sure what you mean by "tweaks" but you should just flash damages rom. it is blazing fast. trust me.

8. blampars

blampars Well-Known Member

9. Nitewolf

That nailed it. Lockscreens, dialers, taskbars. Stuff like that.

Once I get rooted I'm sure i will probably try a few find out to see what fits me best.