• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Should I wait for new card to root?

Nitewolf

Feb 15, 2010
I've had my hero for a few months now. Been debating on and off about rooting. After seeing all the stuff with damagecontrol I finally decided I can't wait any longer to do it. I have a few hours this afternoon to spare and get it done, but tomorrow my new 16gb Class 6 micro sd card should be arriving.

If I were to root today, would it be a problem putting the new card in tomorrow, or should I just wait till my new card comes in? :thinking:

Long time lurker, first time poster, huge tinkerer. I can't believe I've held out this long before rooting my phone.

I've had my hero for a few months now. Been debating on and off about rooting. After seeing all the stuff with damagecontrol I finally decided I can't wait any longer to do it. I have a few hours this afternoon to spare and get it done, but tomorrow my new 16gb Class 6 micro sd card should be arriving.

If I were to root today, would it be a problem putting the new card in tomorrow, or should I just wait till my new card comes in? :thinking:

Long time lurker, first time poster, huge tinkerer. I can't believe I've held out this long before rooting my phone.
Go on and root. When you get your new card, just copy the old one to the new one and it will sub right in.

Upvote 0
Another question.

After more reading and research, it appears to me like with the new Damage Control V1 ROM there aren't quite as many tweaks yet?

I used to go to the newest thing all the time with other items in the past, and it usually ended up with me waiting for more people to come up with new tweaks to get things working in a more customized way. Is this the case with the new 2.1 roms? From what I've read it appears that there is more I can do with a 1.5 rom then with a 2.1 rom for the time being.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
not sure what you mean by "tweaks" but you should just flash damages rom. it is blazing fast. trust me.

haha +1 on this

there's a seperate thread going at xda where people are changing the look of things on DCv1 as far as lock screens, dialers, etc.. here's the link:
DamageControl v1.0 Custom Files. (A Place to post what you have done) - xda-developers

That nailed it. Lockscreens, dialers, taskbars. Stuff like that.

Once I get rooted I'm sure i will probably try a few find out to see what fits me best.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones