• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SHOVE IT!! Why I have let Sprint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because he was out of contract does not mean he had a subsidised device upgrade ready to burn.

He could have out of cycle changed plans, and took advantage of the $75 to extend contract for two years, which would have put his device upgrade and contract end date out of sync.

This doesn't add up...even if he had used his upgrade early and only took the $75 discount his contract would have been extended the same as if he had waited for the $150. I have never personally taken the $75 and am now a premier member so i get $150 after a year anyways so im just going to assume you are correct here for the sake of argument that it still a 2 year contract extension. (seems to me i remember it being only a year but w/e). IF his contract was extended by 2 years and he is NOW out of contract then it stands to reason his 22 months required to gain the $150 discount has passed. Even if it were true he took early upgrade and it were only a 1 year extentsion and is now out of contract then 12 months would have passed making him eligdable for another $75 discount further proving that his comment that he would have to pay 'FULL' retail price for a different phone is total BS.

On a side note, i have threatened to leave sprint to go elsewhere and you could practically hear the red/white pinstripe outfits and those little hats with the ball on the string going on as they began jumping through hoops to persuade me to stay. They are not going to give up a 2 year contract (especially on a smartphone with a minimum monthly premium of 69.99) and let you just walk away, much less TELL you to go. Even if that bit was true, maybe someone was having a bad day, that is exactly why you get the message every time you call sprint 'this message will be recorded for training and customer service reasons.' Translated into we let the trainees listen to the bad one so they know what NOT to do, and then they tell them how if they get more than a couple of those they are history. Do the math, $200 early termination fee or a minimum of $1700 over the term of the contract, thats just bad business. Although sprint makes you wonder sometimes they didnt get to be as big as they are by making bad business decisions.

Upvote 0
This doesn't add up...even if he had used his upgrade early and only took the $75 discount his contract would have been extended the same as if he had waited for the $150. I have never personally taken the $75 and am now a premier member so i get $150 after a year anyways so im just going to assume you are correct here for the sake of argument that it still a 2 year contract extension. (seems to me i remember it being only a year but w/e). IF his contract was extended by 2 years and he is NOW out of contract then it stands to reason his 22 months required to gain the $150 discount has passed. Even if it were true he took early upgrade and it were only a 1 year extentsion and is now out of contract then 12 months would have passed making him eligdable for another $75 discount further proving that his comment that he would have to pay 'FULL' retail price for a different phone is total BS.

On a side note, i have threatened to leave sprint to go elsewhere and you could practically hear the red/white pinstripe outfits and those little hats with the ball on the string going on as they began jumping through hoops to persuade me to stay. They are not going to give up a 2 year contract (especially on a smartphone with a minimum monthly premium of 69.99) and let you just walk away, much less TELL you to go. Even if that bit was true, maybe someone was having a bad day, that is exactly why you get the message every time you call sprint 'this message will be recorded for training and customer service reasons.' Translated into we let the trainees listen to the bad one so they know what NOT to do, and then they tell them how if they get more than a couple of those they are history. Do the math, $200 early termination fee or a minimum of $1700 over the term of the contract, thats just bad business. Although sprint makes you wonder sometimes they didnt get to be as big as they are by making bad business decisions.

No I don't think you understand. A while back Sprint would credit $75 to your account if you would call them and ask them to do so if you extended your contract by 2 years. It did not reset or mess with the phone upgrade cycle or subsidies.

If you do that then your upgrade phone subsidy and contract expiration are no longer linked to the same date. Mine were on different dates until I purchased my Two Evos.

One thing he never answered though was whether or not he paid full retail or perhaps did some ebaying or craigslisting to get his moment. If it was a subsidized handset, then it surely is a fishy story.

Upvote 0
I appreciate the post and have had a similiar experience with the moment. Bought one at full retail. Started experiencing multiple problems about 10 days after activation. Asked for refund and different phone. Was told the 30 day deal didn't apply (not true) since I had paid full retail. Was offered exchange for another moment. Had same problems with second one. Was assured that reset and removing battery would fix issues. Again told that the only remedy was to swap for another moment. Still having airplane mode issues amongst others. Called sprint customer service and told that if I had requested a full refund in 30 days it would have been offered and since I am now about five days past 30 days I'm out of luck. This is despite the fact that local store gave me the run around about the refund for at least 3 weeks. The moment is a garbage phone. No way this phone should be on the market with as many problems as exist. Sprint knows it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones