SIAP. Sprint Nav Update

Last Updated:

1. antonio8

antonio8 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

New to the evo and android software so don't laugh.

I go to use the nav today and it says there is an update. So I click the button and see it is updating after it is done I use the app. Log out go back in and it says update available.

Well long story short I do this 4 times until I realize that it downloaded the update but I HAVE to manually install it from my sd card.

I felt foolish. Anyways my version is 2.8.0.1092. I did not check the version number before and I do not know what this upgrade did. I just install new updates when I see them.

Advertisement
  2. Droidone

Droidone Well-Known Member

no big deal if your new to android or the evo. I would check out google maps navigation too. You might find that it gives you more features and you will probably get better updates with google.

3. vokilos

vokilos Active Member

Google navigation tends to be faster, and best of all allows simple voice entry, unlike sprint which had you call a number(I use swype so I don't have a mic button). Though the sprint navigation voice is much nicer in general.

Sent from my kickass EVO using tapatalk.

4. Zippydo

Zippydo Active Member

This is probably kind of sad to say, but I was very anxious to try Google Navigation with this phone. Once I did though I found myself heavily annoyed with the voice. It pronunciation of street names in an entirely robotic female voice literally made my ears hurt. It does have some great features, but in the end, im sticking with Sprint Navigation for the moment.

Thanks for info on the update too. :)