• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SIAP. Sprint Nav Update

antonio8

Jun 14, 2010
New to the evo and android software so don't laugh.

I go to use the nav today and it says there is an update. So I click the button and see it is updating after it is done I use the app. Log out go back in and it says update available.

Well long story short I do this 4 times until I realize that it downloaded the update but I HAVE to manually install it from my sd card.

I felt foolish. Anyways my version is 2.8.0.1092. I did not check the version number before and I do not know what this upgrade did. I just install new updates when I see them.

This is probably kind of sad to say, but I was very anxious to try Google Navigation with this phone. Once I did though I found myself heavily annoyed with the voice. It pronunciation of street names in an entirely robotic female voice literally made my ears hurt. It does have some great features, but in the end, im sticking with Sprint Navigation for the moment.

Thanks for info on the update too. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones