• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SIM Card Recognition Problem

I have a problem and after weeks of trawling the web and forums have not found a solution:
I have rooted HTC Desire formerly with Orange Contact but now unlocked; new sim-only contract with Vodafone. Phone still receives and logs on to Orange network and can do a network search within settings.
However it will not recognise Vodafone SIM; have also tried 3 and Virgin SIMs which are also unrecognised. These alternative SIMs work OK in other phones.
Have tried several ROMs but same on all.
Both Orange and Vodafone don't want to know.
Unlocking code was officially provided by Orange.
In recovery mode list of 4 items includes "SIMLOCK" in blue; could this be significant.

I'm out of options. Can anyone help?

Hi dobbo47, and welcome to AF :)

It sounds like the SIM unlock hasn't worked. The ROM shouldn't affect it, but if you mention that to Orange I'm sure they'll blame that.

There is a free utility for unlocking the Desire at xda, so maybe it's worth trying that. You can find it here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=943726.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones