SIM or MicroSIM for the Google Nexus 7 ?Tips

1. MareLuce

MareLuce Well-Known Member

Does the Google Nexus 7 take a SIM or MicroSIM card?

Advertisement
    :
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

3. MareLuce

MareLuce Well-Known Member

I just found in the manual where it references the Micro SIM
  4. SlyFerret

SlyFerret Well-Known Member

It is a micro SIM.

I just upgraded to from a first gen Galaxy Tab 10.1 to a Nexus 7. When the N7 arrived, I realized that my standard SIM didn't fit.

I was able to (VERY CAREFULLY) cut down my regular SIM card to the micro SIM size/shape.

I'm still baffled as to why the industry thought we needed smaller SIM cards. I don't think the size of the SIM card is holding back our devices, given that the devices seem to keep getting bigger these days anyway!

-SF
  5. ChadShaft

ChadShaft Well-Known Member

I have a T-Mobile hot spot that takes a standard SIM. I wonder if TMobile will change it to a micro sim for me, then I can pop it in my Nexus 7 and just use a sim adapter when I use my hot spot.

Anybody have any experience with this?
  6. tcat007

tcat007 Well-Known Member

Curious, will the N7 work with the T-Mobile $30 unlimited plan (with 100 talk minutes)? I was thinking of getting an N4, but really prefer screen size of N7. Have N7 non-3G at the moment.
  7. SlyFerret

SlyFerret Well-Known Member

As far as I know, yes, it will work with that plan. Just be aware that the N7 won't make cellular voice calls like the N4. Google Voice or Skype could fill that gap though.

-SF
    tcat007 likes this.
  8. tcat007

tcat007 Well-Known Member

Thanks! I thought the whole reason for buying a Nexus 7 3G was for the voice calls. Back to thinking N4... or just keeping my N7 with GrooveIP, works well enough.