• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] sim unlock

dcap0187

Jan 22, 2013
miami
www.d-cap.net
Anyone know a way to unlock without requesting a code from metro? I'm pissed because the charging port broke on the phone over a month ago so I switched service to my old s3 while I waited for the new board to come in to fix the phone. So I replaced the charging board on the phone and reactivated it and now metro doesn't want to give me an unlock code untill 90 days. This is my wifes phone and I'm trying to switch her to tmobile because she is traveling to Colombia and I would like to keep the phone.

I remember seeing a discussion about unlocking the metro S4 a while back. You should be able to search for it. It was at the beginning of the M919N S4's life. A post about an application that would unlock it or a software service or something. I don't know if anyone tried it or if it worked. I remember that you had to have an M919 firmware flashed and it fooled the software to thinking the phone was a tmobile phone. it gives you an unlock code for a tmobile S4 and it works cause you've got the M919 firmware. I think. I remember that it cost money though.

Upvote 0
if i was able to go back to stock 4.2.2 firmware it would have been no issue, but unfortunately i was on 4.3. i ended up paying for an unlock code and flashed the phone with stock 4.3 t-mobile. then upgraded to 4.4.4. the phone still says " official" and knox counter was never tripped. you would never know it was a metro gs4. now the phone is on tmobile and i can still swap with the metro sim.

Reactions: ARocker
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones