• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SIPDroid Set-Up Help

The SIP ext is what you defined in PBXes under "extensions". I just used integers (1,2,3, etc.).
BTW, I hope this doesn't make it more confusing,but you do not have to set up ring groups. I did at first because the tutorial used them, but once I "figured out the madness" of PBXes, I decided to do it without ring groups for now. That simplified some things and it works fine. Ring groups are a useful feature and I'll probably add them back later.

Use Gizmo5 (or CallCentric as your trunk). I currently have CallCentric and Sip2Sip trunks defined.

CallCentric has a reputation for top quality. (Check DSLReports, for example.) Get the Dirt Cheap DID which gives unlimited inbound calling. (If you use Google Voice, all calls can be free.)

If you go with CallCentric, I can tell you exactly how I have PBXes set up at the moment because I'm using CallCentric. Here's how to do it:

Extensions: SIP:
Number: 1
Display Name: SIP
username: myusername-1
dtmfmode: rfc2833
audiobypass: yes
connectioncheck: no
handoff: no
callforwarding: if no answer, goes to my GV after 20 seconds

Trunks:
Trunk Name: CallCentric
audobypass: yes
enter your CallCentric account info ("1777xxxyyyy" & password)
server: callcentric.com
register: yes
outbound caller ID: I use my GV number here. Use whatever you want.
dial rules: (assume your home area code is 543)
1543+NXXXXXX
1+NXXNXXXXXX

Inbound Routing: I made a route called "/" (by leaving trunk blank)
Extension: "1"
Regular hours: "*"

That's it. That should get you working with Sipdroid & CallCentric on your Droid. Inbound and outbound calling will work.

Be sure to check out the PBXes status monitor. It's cool.
Once you have this working you might want to play around with more advanced PBXes features.

I have not tried the call-back feature yet, but that's next on my list.

Great job ... you are the Man
I just made my first call from my nexus one . Sipdroid - pbxes and callcentric. . works great , . thank you.

Upvote 0
The SIP ext is what you defined in PBXes under "extensions". I just used integers (1,2,3, etc.).
BTW, I hope this doesn't make it more confusing,but you do not have to set up ring groups. I did at first because the tutorial used them, but once I "figured out the madness" of PBXes, I decided to do it without ring groups for now. That simplified some things and it works fine. Ring groups are a useful feature and I'll probably add them back later.

Use Gizmo5 (or CallCentric as your trunk). I currently have CallCentric and Sip2Sip trunks defined.

CallCentric has a reputation for top quality. (Check DSLReports, for example.) Get the Dirt Cheap DID which gives unlimited inbound calling. (If you use Google Voice, all calls can be free.)

If you go with CallCentric, I can tell you exactly how I have PBXes set up at the moment because I'm using CallCentric. Here's how to do it:

Extensions: SIP:
Number: 1
Display Name: SIP
username: myusername-1
audiobypass: yes
connectioncheck: no
handoff: no
callforwarding: if no answer, goes to my GV after 20 seconds

Trunks:
Trunk Name: CallCentric
audobypass: yes
enter your CallCentric account info ("1777xxxyyyy" & password)
server: callcentric.com
register: yes
outbound caller ID: I use my GV number here. Use whatever you want.
dial rules: (assume your home area code is 543)
1543+NXXXXXX
1+NXXNXXXXXX

Inbound Routing: I made a route called "/" (by leaving trunk blank)
Extension: "1"
Regular hours: "*"

That's it. That should get you working with Sipdroid & CallCentric on your Droid. Inbound and outbound calling will work.

Be sure to check out the PBXes status monitor. It's cool.
Once you have this working you might want to play around with more advanced PBXes features.

I have not tried the call-back feature yet, but that's next on my list.
Just reading your posts about callcentric's setup with PBXes.org. I just set it up and seems to be working fine with the exception of delays in voice. When on 3G, there's about a 1.5 second delay and when on wifi it's about .5 to 1.0 seconds. Anyone get this also or know how to fix?

Upvote 0
I seem to be unable to get my CallCentric # to forward to my droid through pbxes.org. It shows on pbxes that my inbound trunk is active in the status page. It shows as registered on CallCentric. But when I call the #, it gives me the CallCentric message: the person you are calling is currently unavailable - 1007. Anyone else run into this? I have a default inbound routing set up with no trunk or CallerID set. Thanks.

Update, in case anyone runs into this: I didn't have a balance on my CallCentric account. It doesn't say that in the outbound message, but adding $5 solved the problem for me. Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones