• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sky Go - has anyone managed to beat the rooted block yet?

Yeah but the next problem is when you upgrade to ics sky go doesn't work. Nor does bbc iplayer or itv for me on vk rom.

Another thing to bare in mind is that on the speedmod kernal the option to create a nandroid back up in cwm is disabled. I've had to flash back to a siyah kernal to do a nandroid although that isn't a big deal in itself...

Yeah this wont be a problem for me as all the ICS Roms pretty much suck hairy balls , its kinda the windows Vista of the Android OS :D

Upvote 0
Yeah this wont be a problem for me as all the ICS Roms pretty much suck hairy balls , its kinda the windows Vista of the Android OS :D

There was a time when I thought that however things have changed. You should try the latest Neat ROM. It absolutely flies and sips battery like an old man nursing a pint (OK, OK, it was the best analogy I could come up with at short notice ).

Try it, you won't be disappointed.

[ROM][CWM]*NEAT ROM*PURE STOCK DEODEXED XWLPG FULL (07.06.2012.)*Hidden GAMES & APPS* - xda-developers

Upvote 0
But it's odd that Sky News works OK on SkyGo but nothing else. I'm on a rooted HTC Desire with Android 2.2.2 and SkyGo 2. Tried Voodoo but no go, just Sky News.

Hi Tony,

That's always been the case, even in older app versions when the root wasn't hidden by Voodoo. It's just the "premium" channels such as Sky Sports etc. which bring up the rooted devices not supported error.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones