• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Skype and Skype Mobile or Hacked Skype?

desperado

Jul 31, 2010
Honolulu, HI
I want to be able to be contacted via a skype call on my rooted DINC when I am on Wifi and when I am not.

There are currently three options for skype on Android.
1) Skype Mobile on Verizon
2) Skype in market
3) Skype downloaded hacked apk

I read on this forum that you can install 1 and 2 to use both Wifi and mobile network connections to get skype calls.

Is this the right thing to do or should I consider installing the downloadable hacked skype which uses both connections?

Seems like one app is better than two but I don't see the hacked version mentioned by anyone here.

So should I
1) Install Skype and "Skype Mobile on Verizon" from the market
or
2) Install hacked Skype.apk with mobile connection enabled ?

If I take approach 1 will both versions ever try to receive a call at the same time. That would be confusing if it did.

Well I will say that the Skype in market seems to work better than the Verizon version. At one point, not sure if it still does, the Verizon version claimed to work on Wi-Fi, but it would still act up and often not work. I've never had problems with the normal market version.

I'm sorry I can't really answer your questions about the calls though. I would just suggest trying them, the first approach won't take long to try.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones