• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Skype screws up my bluetooth calling in Galaxy Nexus.

morzh

Lurker
Jul 29, 2012
Hi,

Here's my problem, posted it in the Skype forum, zero replies there.

I have Uconnect in my Jeep, a Bluetooth phone connect, allowing voice dialed calls, hands free and such.

When I first tried it, I had Skype (regular, not the mobile, version, the mobile did not install) already installed. So when the Uconnect tried to dial, the call would fail. Upon investigation, I realized that when Uconnect accessed the phone directory, the Skype ould pop up as one of the ways to call. Uconnect does not know hat to do with it and so does not ask.
Upon Skype removal it works.
This leaves me without Skype.

What am I to do?

I think I've found a solution... at least one that seems to work for me.

My Droid Razr M is currently running Android version 4.0.4

I noticed that on the screen that pops up when I attempt to make a call, there are choices for "Phone" or "Skype", and also a check box labeled "Use this option by Default". After I checked the option box and chose the "Phone" selection, it quit asking me to choose between Phone and Skype. :congrats:

Now my phone no longer hangs when I try to dial out using the bluetooth in my Armada . . . :cool:

Upvote 0
I think I've found a solution... at least one that seems to work for me.

My Droid Razr M is currently running Android version 4.0.4

I noticed that on the screen that pops up when I attempt to make a call, there are choices for "Phone" or "Skype", and also a check box labeled "Use this option by Default". After I checked the option box and chose the "Phone" selection, it quit asking me to choose between Phone and Skype. :congrats:

Now my phone no longer hangs when I try to dial out using the bluetooth in my Armada . . . :cool:

Ihad the same problem.. Lucky i saw the screen appeared, but if you have chosen wrong or want to change it, where you can do this?

How do you change default options for bt? in general...

Upvote 0
I had the same problem. I have previously install various apps that have phone capabilities e.g. Skype, Dell Voice, and some other 3rd party phone app. Ends up when I am using bluetooth from the car the phone screen will only display 2 options and asked which one I want to use and only once or always (think same logic goes for browser but currently I only use the default and Chrome). End up I need to uninstall all the apps that have phone capabilities otherwise I am not able to use my favorite phone app as the default to make and recieve calls via bluetooth. Would be nice to know if anyone has a solution?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones