• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SLCD for Nexus One

Roze

Hiding behind a mystery
Jan 20, 2010
Where the Sakura grows
I saw this HTC adds SLCD displays to its Desire, Nexus One lines | Android Central news today and it seems very interesting. I wish it was the Super AMOLED that's replacing the AMOLED. What I find is interesting is that the SLCD is a joint venture between Sony and Samsung Sony, Samsung complete LCD plant - CNET News

My only concern is how much better is the SLCD is from the AMOLED. It has better battery usage and readable in sunlight.

Well the SLCD would be in for all of the people that purchase the N1 later next month...but my question is by then if you're sending your N1 in under warranty for replacement...would you get the refurbish N1..or a new one with SLCD? :thinking:

Well the SLCD would be in for all of the people that purchase the N1 later next month...but my question is by then if you're sending your N1 in under warranty for replacement...would you get the refurbish N1..or a new one with SLCD? :thinking:

i read that they dont even send you a refurb anymore , you have to choose the vibrant or slide....

Upvote 0
i read that they dont even send you a refurb anymore , you have to choose the vibrant or slide....

I've read that too...but just if you're with an insurance company. I mean Vodaphone is still selling the N1, so I don't see why HTC wouldn't have refurbs to replace the N1s under warranty. And if there are no refurbs...then you get the new SLCD screen N1 I'd assume.

Upvote 0
Thats a good question and im curious myself, a friend who also has a nexus called htc to see how much it would be to replace the screen, its only 125$. So im curious to see if you were to damge your screen would they replace it with an lcd or better yet if you requested to have it put in. Im curious to see a side by side as well. From what ive read better legibility in the sun and better battery life, 2 things that might make it worth it to switch

Upvote 0
forgive my ignorance what the clearpad 2000 do?

Clearpad 2000 is the touch sensor that is in the N1...you've heard the complaints how the N1's sensor SUCK...like crossing axis with 2 fingers cause the touch screen to not recognize the 2 points...well blame that on the Clearpad 2000. In April HTC ditched the Clearpad for the maXtouch, which has actual multitouch inputs. HTC Incredible and EVO 4G to feature new maXTouch sensors – Android and Me

I might be dreaming with that...but man *dreams*

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones