• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SM-T217A (Galaxy Tab 3) Soft Brick, Help please

KrossT

Sep 27, 2016
SM-T217A (Galaxy Tab 3)
Previously on 4.4.2 (latest, updated via wifi), downloaded the only available firmware from sammobile T217AUCUAMHC (4.4.2 but apparently not the latest)
Used Odin to attempt to flash fresh and kicked me to this perpetual "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies and Try again." Loop.

Have tried Kies 2 & 3 and neither recognize the device.
attempted to use odin 3.07,3.09.3.10,3.12 and it will get to the very end of the progress bar and then FAIL!

ODIN LOG:
<ID:0/004> boot.img
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> recovery.img
<ID:0/004> system.img.ext4
<ID:0/004>
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Im really out of ideas, i need this tablet for school
any help is appreciated

If i could somehow find the latest firmware for the tablet, it may flash properly but im willing to try anything at this point.
i have searched for the firmware, but apparently not in the right place IF it exists.

The firmware path is Google comes up with a new version then releases it to manufacturers like Samsung. Samsung adapts it to their devices and releases it to the carriers. AT&T gets it and tweaks it to their liking and puts it on their branded devices. AT&T then doesn't make it available to anyone else.

You would probably come out cheaper buying a different used device. Stay away from anything AT&T. Nexus 7 2013 is a great little tab with a wifi only or 4g version.
Good place for used devices is Swappa.

https://swappa.com

Reactions: svim
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones