• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SMS disappeared

zeph7r

Lurker
Nov 15, 2013
Hi people. The most strange thing happened to me last night: before I went to bed I was texting somebody with my phone and when I woke up I noticed there were a number o messages missing from the storage! I found this very odd, since I have no recollection of deleting them, so I installed wondershare dr. phone to find out if I had erased them in some sleepwalking of some sort, and I found that these messages where not there marked as recently deleted (other ones from long ago were, thought).

Now, can someone tell me what's happening here? I have stack android 2.3.6, rooted. I'm hoping I'm just not getting mad. Is it possible that those messages were storaged in the SIM card? I had already thought of this, and went to messages --> Definitions --> Manage Card Messages and cheched if the mentioned sms's were there, to no avail (others from long ago were there, not the ones I'm presently missing)

Any help is deeply appreciated, thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones