• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SMS Lag

adicken1

Dec 5, 2009
Does anyone else experience SERIOUS lag while recieving SMS? My phone will literally freeze for anywhere from 30 seconds to a minute while it processes an incoming SMS. The problem is terribly worse if I am recieving multiple messages simultaneously.

I am currently using Handcent SMS(NEW) with the quick reply on.

Thanks,

Andrew

*YES* My moment lags, freezes, blank screens, or generally freaks out when i get a sms message!!! I mean, i can be on the home screen and will know. I have SMS MSG Count app (widget?) installed, and Handcent. I've tried uninstalling one then the other, and I have issues no matter which is installed. I get only a 1 second lag if BOTH are unistalled, but if even one or the other or both installed, the phone takes up to a minute to finish "processing" the txt.

I also have pandahome installed, if that helps explain why. You ain't alone.

Upvote 0
Hmm.. interesting. Perhaps it has to do with another app completely unrelated to SMS messaging? Maybe a ringtone app.. or some other customization? I do not experience any freezing on my moment. I do have about 86 app's installed, but many of them are tools etc. The only ringtone app I use is Zedge. I do use Handcent.

Upvote 0
Wow, well it looks as if I'm not alone but seems as the the majority of us are not having this issue. I have disabled the stock messaging app, did so from the beginning, but have always had this problem. (Have had my moment for about 2 months now)

I know this is alot to ask, but would anyone that is not having this issue mind giving me a comprehensive list of the apps that they have installed? LOL, if I get no takers I'll just have to go through the tedious process of deleting apps then sending myself a SMS! LMAO!

Thanks for all the help/replies!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones