SMS LagSupport

Last Updated:

1. adicken1

adicken1 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone else experience SERIOUS lag while recieving SMS? My phone will literally freeze for anywhere from 30 seconds to a minute while it processes an incoming SMS. The problem is terribly worse if I am recieving multiple messages simultaneously.

I am currently using Handcent SMS(NEW) with the quick reply on.

Thanks,

Andrew

Advertisement
  2. agent0014

agent0014 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what quick reply is, is that the popup window? I use the popup window in handcent and I don't notice anything that severe. Sometimes the phone will pause for half a second if I'm doing something active with it, but that's it.

3. njbianco

njbianco Well-Known Member

Nope never had anything like this happen and i'm a heavy texter

4. gallivant

gallivant New Member

*YES* My moment lags, freezes, blank screens, or generally freaks out when i get a sms message!!! I mean, i can be on the home screen and will know. I have SMS MSG Count app (widget?) installed, and Handcent. I've tried uninstalling one then the other, and I have issues no matter which is installed. I get only a 1 second lag if BOTH are unistalled, but if even one or the other or both installed, the phone takes up to a minute to finish "processing" the txt.

I also have pandahome installed, if that helps explain why. You ain't alone.

5. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

Using Pandahome, default SMS app, no lag.

6. numus

numus Banned

Did you remember to disable the stock sms application when you install and started to use handcent?

7. cvam1985

cvam1985 Well-Known Member

^^ How is that done numus? All I know how to do is disable the notifications, not the program itself. I wonder if that would speed up my Handcent experience.

8. numus

numus Banned

Well basically just go into the settings and disable Auto-Retrieve and disable Notifications

9. cvam1985

cvam1985 Well-Known Member

Ah thanks - already done that. Thought you had meant there was a way to completely shut down the program - since I find it's always running.

10. agent0014

agent0014 Well-Known Member

There is ONE way I can think of to do this... :)

11. Cirga

Cirga Well-Known Member

Hmm.. interesting. Perhaps it has to do with another app completely unrelated to SMS messaging? Maybe a ringtone app.. or some other customization? I do not experience any freezing on my moment. I do have about 86 app's installed, but many of them are tools etc. The only ringtone app I use is Zedge. I do use Handcent.

12. techsr06

techsr06 New Member

I've been using chompsms for a while now and haven't had a problem yet.

13. adicken1

adicken1 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Wow, well it looks as if I'm not alone but seems as the the majority of us are not having this issue. I have disabled the stock messaging app, did so from the beginning, but have always had this problem. (Have had my moment for about 2 months now)

I know this is alot to ask, but would anyone that is not having this issue mind giving me a comprehensive list of the apps that they have installed? LOL, if I get no takers I'll just have to go through the tedious process of deleting apps then sending myself a SMS! LMAO!

Thanks for all the help/replies!