• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SMS Notifications - SG2 worst EVER phone

I use handcent and have no issues. I also came from a HTC device so I was used to the notification light. I have set my handcent up to bleep at 3 set intervals after the original text came in, also you can add different tones to different contacts so you know who sent you the message without opening the lock screen (obviously this won't help with non contacts but you can set single tone for that) this is handy if someone is sending endless jokes all the time. I would prefer to have the notification light but its not a deal breaker considering the positives of this great phone.
edit.... I also knew about this 'before' I bought it :)

I might have missed it somewhere, but can you tell me what handcent is? A program? Application? Where can I "get me one?" I am obviously in a very new and confusing arena. Thanks!

Upvote 0
I might have missed it somewhere, but can you tell me what handcent is? A program? Application? Where can I "get me one?" I am obviously in a very new and confusing arena. Thanks!
Handcent is a replacement SMS app that you will find on Play (market).
i find it a LOT better than the stock SMS app, i currently use a beta of the 4.0 version and its very nice :cool:

Upvote 0
This was posted May 2011, the original poster has moved on.

112574d1299881175-possible-install-double-din-stereo-into-my-vn-resurrection.jpg

Upvote 0
I just got the TMO Galaxy II on Sunday and I cant get the NOLED to just flash the soft keys. It works fine with the colors. But the soft keys never flash. I'm using version 6.0.10 and I'm on Android 4.0.4 UVLH1 I've followed every direction I can find. No GO locker or anything like that.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Upvote 0
I just got the TMO Galaxy II on Sunday and I cant get the NOLED to just flash the soft keys. It works fine with the colors. But the soft keys never flash. I'm using version 6.0.10 and I'm on Android 4.0.4 UVLH1 I've followed every direction I can find. No GO locker or anything like that.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Hello and welcome to Android Forums mddcbbb! :)

As far as I remember, the NOLED app from the Play Store, offers on-screen notifications only, as per this video...

NoLED App Review by TotallydubbedHD - YouTube

If you want the BLN, Back Light Notification, for the soft keys, shown in the following video, you will need to root your phone, as per these instructions and install a custom kernel with BLN control, such as Siyah and either ExTweaks or BLN Control from the Play Store, as I have done.

Backlight notification BLN for Galaxy S2 (SC-02C) - YouTube

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones