SMS problems...

Last Updated:

1. JMiller613

JMiller613 Member This Topic's Starter

So I've had my Hero for less than a day. I love it but I have a few things that are stumping me regarding SMS.

Problem #1- I was texting my wife and when I send a message the timestamp says Monday 10PM (which is correct) but when she sends back it says her message is Tuesday at 2AM (which it is not). Really messes up the whole flow of following the converstaion. Any ideas?

Problem #2- When I send a message about 50% of the time I get an unexpected error in the messaging app and it needs to force quit. Again, any ideas?

Problem #3- I downloaded Handcent and like it better (although I still have the timestamp issure...not sure about the unexpected error.) But my problem is when I have Handcent I get 2 notifications. One for Handcent and one for the stock messaging app. How do I stop notifications from the stock app or get rid of it altogether?

Thanks
    PS. My phone isnt rooted.

Advertisement
  2. jmcnicho

jmcnicho Member

Messages>press menu> settings>click notifications box to turn off so you will only get notifications from Handcent. Sorry I cant help with the other issue. -John

3. JMiller613

Thanks. I'm new to Android so this is all very new to me. 1 down.

4. jmcnicho

jmcnicho Member

A simple solution for the other problems may also be simply resetting the phone if you havent already tried that

5. JMiller613

This probly sounds stupid but how do I do that and will i lose all my settings and preferences that I have done so far?

6. jmcnicho

jmcnicho Member

You can just turn the phone off and turn it back on, or turn it off and pull the battery. Your settings will remain the same

7. JMiller613

no luck

8. davco

davco Member

yeah don't even bother texting with the hero, its a major fail. get a real phone that actually works the way it's supposed to.

9. khaag27

khaag27 Well-Known Member

Then tell me why you are posting in a forum for the Hero?? Go bash somewhere else..

Drewray likes this.
  10. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

I've had mine for close to a month, text over 100 times a day and never had a problem yet. I also switched to Handcent a few days ago and love it.