sniffing for 4 g in phoenix

Last Updated:

1. PhxDroid

PhxDroid Member This Topic's Starter

I had reason to drive phoenix from north south east to west today. so I turned my 4 g on for the entire time. I went from buckeye to anthem, to fountain hills, to ahwatukee. below are my results:

Zip, zilch, nada

Advertisement
  2. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

Well, PHX is where Sprint and Clear are testing the WiMax and LTE dual mode compatibility this fall/winter, so I do'nt think it will be long till we see 4G in Phx.

See post #3 and #12: http://androidforums.com/4g-discussion/144357-no-4g-phoenix-az-really-not-coming-anytime-soon.html
    #3 is a press release from Clear.
    Also here: http://newsroom.clearwire.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=214419&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1456462&highlight
    #12 is a conversation I had last week with Sprint.

Lets hope... but if they are testing compatibility of WiMax and LTE, I would imagine 4G WiMax is just around the corner. :)

3. RiverOfIce

RiverOfIce Banned

You understand that the only difference between wimax at 2.5ghz and lte at 2.5ghz is software? Just want to make that clear. If you build out a 2.5ghz ip based protocol system, you can run any software on it.

(I am going to get yelled at for making it simple) Similar to running windows, linux, and mac on a x86 platform.

4. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

yea, i kinda realized that. I was aware that the primary difference was software change. But, thanks.

5. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

Yea I'm waiting for 4G to arrive in Phoenix. Another Evo owner here. We should have a meet lol...