1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Snowstorm app

Last Updated:

1. Daft Punk

Daft Punk Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok i love this app due to its great widget layout but i absolutely hate it at the same time because its inaccurate as hell. Anyone else notice this.

For example its supposed to be in the upper 90's this week here in Va Beach, VA and Snowstorm is saying low 80's? WTF

Advertisement
  2. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

I've yet to see any weather app, internet site or forecaster that is 100% accurate (or even a good strong 70% accurate). It's all just a guess...

3. m165

m165 Well-Known Member

I manage to find snowstorm after hours of looking for a nice weather widget, so far the best looking one I've found (for how I have my desktop anyways).

It's not 100% accurate, and I think it'd be hard to find any place that is. It's more of a guide, as weather is obviously unpredictable.

I have downloaded a different weather app that doesn't use the same source as Snowstorm, and it did provide a different forcast altogether. One said rain, and one said partly cloud for a certain day!

4. meyerweb

meyerweb Well-Known Member

It shouldn't be a question of 100% accuracy. It's a question of where these apps get their data. The app itself isn't calculating forecast, it's simply downloading and formatting data from one of several publically accessible weather databases.

If the official forecast and most weather apps say one thing, and this app says something different, it's apparently using some off-the-wall source for its forecasts. I find weather bug to be pretty useful, with a wealth of behind the scenes data (including video from local cameras all around my areas) and as reliable as any other forecast.

5. 1Paladin

1Paladin Active Member

I just want to thank you for mentioning snow. It is just so damn hot right now i:Di