• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Snowstorm app

I manage to find snowstorm after hours of looking for a nice weather widget, so far the best looking one I've found (for how I have my desktop anyways).

It's not 100% accurate, and I think it'd be hard to find any place that is. It's more of a guide, as weather is obviously unpredictable.

I have downloaded a different weather app that doesn't use the same source as Snowstorm, and it did provide a different forcast altogether. One said rain, and one said partly cloud for a certain day!

Upvote 0
It shouldn't be a question of 100% accuracy. It's a question of where these apps get their data. The app itself isn't calculating forecast, it's simply downloading and formatting data from one of several publically accessible weather databases.

If the official forecast and most weather apps say one thing, and this app says something different, it's apparently using some off-the-wall source for its forecasts. I find weather bug to be pretty useful, with a wealth of behind the scenes data (including video from local cameras all around my areas) and as reliable as any other forecast.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones