• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] So am I REALLY boned just because I got preinstalled ME7?

Good afternoon ladies and gents,

I have finally made the switch from my beloved WebOS phone to a new Verizon GS4 with the build number VRUAME7. I have spent over 8 hours researching rooting (Done) and custom ROMS, but when I came to the custom ROM part, I was upset by the darned Verizon bootloader block. Would someone be so kind to let me know if I am correct with my assumption that there is no way to Flash a custom ROM to my device? If I am wrong, please point me in the right direction; as all the searches I have done seem to be fruitless.

I'd love to be able to clear this from my mind before snook season opens tomorrow...

I've been agonizing over this myself thundersnook, as is the whole me7 club lol. I really hope those geniuses, and i mean that, come up with something soon. I love stickin it to the man!
Hey, if they do find a way, will updating to Android 4.3 or 4.4 (whichever one those lazy verizon people feel like putting out at their leisure), will that have the ability to unroot, unrom, refirmware our phones? Or is that a dif kind of update ? . Im actually still kinda new to doing all this stuff, so really know nothing haha ;)

Btw, hi guys! It's really great to be a part of this community

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones