• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root So, any new ROMs?

So these may not be new, but they're new to me.

[ROM][ICS][TouchWiz 5.0] GalaxyClone5 | MaceksMod | UPDATE! - xda-developers

[ROM] CM9 Unofficial [2013-06-03] - xda-developers

[ROM][ICS] Paranoid Galaxydroid | AOSPA 1.5 | TouchWiz 5 - xda-developers

The CM7 ROM [GB] that I'm running is a little "meh" so I'm going to try GalaxyClone. :D

Edit: The GalaxyClone ROM appears to be based on CyanogenMod, but I'm not sure what version. The menu for it inside of Settings causes Settings to crash. Play is having a problem too, but I don't know if that's the ROM's fault or Titanium Backup's (even though I de-selected Play Services from batch restore).

Upvote 0
Ok, for anyone considering running TouchWiz 5.0, there are a couple of issues:

1. Gmail will suddenly have all the text turn white. Running fix permissions won't fix it. You can either reboot the phone or kill Gmail via Task Manager. Once you restart it, it's fine.

2. The radio will drop connection after sitting idle for a while. Mine does this sometime in the middle of the night. You can either reboot the phone or put it in Airplane Mode and wait a minute or so before switching back to normal.

The fixes above are per the developer who also said that (1) is due to the kernel and said that twistedumbrella's starkissed kangerade kernel could possibly fix it, but it might cause other problems. (2) was due to an issue with the radio interface layer.

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones