• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help So flipping pissed right now!

Vanteal

Dec 16, 2009
So I just followed the instructions step for step at the Complete How-To on How to Mod Your Phone (2.1 ROM, O/C, MM, Boot Animation, etc) - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum board, Rebooted my phone and now all my previous app's are gone, And my phone doesn't appear to have newest version of BUGLESS BEAST installed..It look's completely stock again..In fact it looks even less then stock, As half of the stock app's aren't even there anymore!....I thought I lost all my contacts too, But I imported them from my sd card...So WTF, Where did I go wrong? And if there any way to restore all of my previous app's?..Or are they gone for good now, and I have to re-buy the paid app's!?......

Ok, so I went into the market and signed into my google account, and re-downloaded my previous apps, Thankfully I didn't have to re-buy the app's I already paid for...And then I looked at my "wallpaper" option after a long press on the home screen, and saw "live wallpapers" so I'm guessing the new BB is installed...Grrr, but the pain of having to redo everything is still kind of annoying.....I should have never rooted my phone..Even though it's cool and all..For someone who just doesn't know what there doing, or lacks the confidence in doing so should just leave there phones stock....

Now grab a kernel. I've had great luck with Chevys 1.2, but YMMV. Then pony up for the SetCPU app, and watch your Droid come alive. Titanium backup works well, but I noticed a few glitches, likely because I backed up settings as well as apps. You will be attending Flashaholics Anonymous meetings soon enough.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones