• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

So let's hear some first impression reviews!

I've had my Flyer for 3 days and am very much satisfied with it. I love that it's light and i can carry it with one hand comfortably. The screen quality, HTC sense with it's widgets, the performance, are all great. It's not as fast as dual core tablets but certainly more than adequate. It's an expensive device that initially seems like it's not worth the money considering the bigger faster tablets with honeycomb out there. But after a few days of extensive use and hearing all the issues with honeycomb, this is definitely a great buy.

I love that I can write email, browse the web, watch videos, read news, play games on a much bigger screen than my HTC Desire. OS is smooth and very stable.

I'm just hoping that there will be better software for the pen in the future. I'm not too happy with the back camera as well.

Overall 9/10.

Upvote 0
Hello there,

I bought my Flyer a week ago and the price here is much higher because this thing is purchased from Singapore and the reseller would like to get more profit from it. However, buying is an option and I would like to say this is a good buy.

Just like the other said about the Flyer, it is not a tablet with dual-core processor, it is not a Honeycomb for its OS and kinda old-fashion when you see the other tablets around you are running the modest platform out there in the market. Nevertheless, the tremendous HTC Sense outlook grabbed the heart of every Flyer user out there. You can say that you are actually holding a bigger size of HTC Sensation. The stable OS will carry you to the handy 7" tablet experience without a lot of Force Close Issues and so on.

I personally love the built-material as in Aluminum case. It gives out a premium-finish kind of feeling just by touching it.

You cannot complaint about the weight as well, it is pretty light, not the lightest and not the thinnest out there but still HTC pays more attention in designing the appearance of this tablet.

The stylus makes this tablet even more special. There will be more flexibility and features in this tablet with the stylus and I love it so much. I used it in work to explain to my customer about the furniture design and so on (we are manufacturing office furniture here). It comes handy when reading mails as well as typing in the Portrait Mode which gives out a very reasonable size of keyboard tuts on the screen.

Thanks HTC!

Upvote 0
I've had mine 3 days so far (bought the Flyer with free pen from Rewardzone account at Best Buy). I won't repeat all the superlatives others have reported above. I wanted to touch on a few pros and cons I haven't seen discussed even on other forums:

1. Browser re-sizing: Just awesome - doesn't matter how much you enlarge the text it re-flows to fit the screen. Great on old eyes (other tablets will expand to existing screen size but no larger).

2. Browser response is every bit as fast as an iPad, which is great praise.

3. Pen (in Notes app) is much better than any capacitive stylus on any other tablet. However, it is still not as good as the Wacom digitizer on modern Tablet PC's. Maybe it will just take some more practice.

4. Problem when sharing notes by email - they don't come through to email addressee - just one of those "missing image" X's. Evernote is not enough for business purposes.

EDIT - as I read back on my own observations, I don't want to leave a negative impression of the Flyer. I've owned an iPad, Nook Color (Froyo and Honeycomb), HP 2730p and 2740p, and "tried" the XOOM and Galaxy Tab, and I have to say the HTC is the only real competitor to the iPad thanks to the Sense UI and Scribe pen. As I get more proficient with the pen, I think this will become my go to note taking machine.

Upvote 0
I like it, just debating if it will replace my iPad (I'd likely sell that to justify the price of the Flyer). The size is great I just wish I could view PDFs in the browser, need that functionality for work occasionally.
Well, I've used AppleMac computers now for well over a decade and a half, and my wife has a iPad. She reckons its so simple a "monkey could use it"! Wish I could say the same about my 'flyer'.

Bought it because it would fit in my trouser side pocket its slimmer than the iPad, also basically for its maps- so I can locate my position . But sorry to say, apart from that which is good, I cannot get on with it at all.
sad.gif

Philip Fry - near Bath UK

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones