• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

So No Media Player Will Play Music In Order As CD?

I guess no one cares to listen to their favorite music in the order the artist intended? we now listen to timeless classic Opera in whatever order? makes no difference? Classic Rock albums out of order? Pink Floyd "Dark Side of the Moon"?

If you will tag your mp3 files correctly with track id numbers they can be played in track order. I also usually rename the files to include the track number at the begining of the track name. IE '01 - The Way It Was.mp3' then they play in correct order even on 'challenged' mp3 players like the one in my factory car radio.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
what device are you using?

I found that on a Sony PSP my music did not play in the correct order, even if I imported if from my PS3 which did play it correcly ordered! It turned out that some metadata was missing that the PSP needs, while the PS3 must use some other method.

Anyway, if you look at your music on a PC you'll be able to see if it's got the track number stored, if not you can add it easily enough.

Sorry if this sounds a bit patronising, but my HTC Desire shows music in the right order so without knowing what device you have...

One other thing; is the shuffle option off?

Upvote 0
If you will tag your mp3 files correctly with track id numbers they can be played in track order. I also usually rename the files to include the track number at the begining of the track name. IE '01 - The Way It Was.mp3' then they play in correct order even on 'challenged' mp3 players like the one in my factory car radio.

Exactly, make sure the id3 track tag is correct, as well as put the track number in the filename.

Upvote 0
I guess no one cares to listen to their favorite music in the order the artist intended? we now listen to timeless classic Opera in whatever order? makes no difference? Classic Rock albums out of order? Pink Floyd "Dark Side of the Moon"?

You will need 2 free aps from google play, ES File Explorer and My Playlist Maker.
Move your music "Folder/Playlist" from your PC to the Music folder in the Nexus 7 then use ES file explorer to find that folder. Press and hold that folder and select "music" and your playlist will come up and play in the same order that they were saved on your PC regardless of any mp3 tags!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones