Soft Reboot (found on accident)Tips

Last Updated:

1. burgertime

burgertime Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just in case anyone else runs into this problem or needs the answer. I sometimes wear tight jeans. Anyways I would put my phone in my jeans just would reset. I was confused so I started messing around. Turns out some buttons were being hit causing it to reboot. I didn't know this about the phone, then again I didn't read the owners manual!

Anyways here is how you soft reboot. Hold down the power button and volume buttons at the same time. Your phone will then reboot.

**Edited**

Just for the record the jeans were not my problem. Appears my phone just likes to reboot...but still figured out the soft boot this way.

Advertisement
    t1jordan, Ramzes13, fr4nk1yn and 2 others like this.
  2. bhagiratha

bhagiratha Well-Known Member

Didn't work for me. are you sure this is how you soft reboot?

3. burgertime

You have to hold them down for around 5 seconds.

4. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Another reason why you shouldn't wear tight jeans.

misterzeno likes this.
  5. Dession

Dession Well-Known Member

Great find! I was trying to figure this out the other day.

6. burgertime

But my girlfriend likes it, so I'll put with a slight inconvenience if it gets me laid a little more.

7. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Hope your girlfriend doesnt want children in the future.

8. AJ_EVO

AJ_EVO Well-Known Member

Are you emo? Emo kids with super tight jeans crack me up.

9. jmflint

jmflint Member

The regular power-off menu comes up, but that's it (holding down power and both volume buttons at the same time for five seconds, right?).

I hate having to shut down the phone and start it back up again -- yeah, I know, it's not a big deal, but there's something more satisfying in having the phone recycle by itself.

10. Ramzes13

Ramzes13 Well-Known Member

just did it , phone is resetting now actually. make sure screen is on, hold down both volume buttons and tap the power button, it will reset. pretty simple, dont know when i will actually use it but cheers anyway.

*those must be some really tight jeans to be doing that, I would be singing soprano lol

11. WUESTSIDER

WUESTSIDER Well-Known Member

You know..... If I can count the change in your pocket, then your jeans are too tight...

If I can read the time and weather on the front of your EVO, then your pants are too tight....lol

Sorry, I couldnt resist. Im a baggy pants guy. I like to my boys to breath....

12. slugbug

slugbug Well-Known Member

Just for the record the jeans were not my problem. Appears my phone just likes to reboot...but still figured out the soft boot this way.

My phone used to reboot quite often and I couldn't figure out why (no.....not tight jeans ;). I finally realized that even though I use a case, the the back cover was not on exactly right and I think the battery was losing contact. After I fixed that - took the case and back cover off, made sure the battery was in correctly and put it back together securely, I have not had the again. I was about to exchange it out for a new one, I am glad I figured it out.

13. darkfiber1

darkfiber1 New Member

As of recent, my evo has unusually restarted on its own. Just the other day, I was on my phone talking to someone and suddenly it the conversation was cut out. I looked at my phone and to my surprise it restarted. It also happened a couple other times while the phone was just sitting idle on my desk at home.

14. mitchellvii

mitchellvii Well-Known Member

Buy a holster for your phone and wear it on your belt. If your pants are tight enough to create this reboot situation you are describing, you are going to eventually twist the wrong way and break your phone.

P.S., The expression is "found by accident", not "found on accident".