• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help software issue, can't install custom rom

tomislav91

Lurker
Jul 27, 2016
Hi all, i am trying to install a custom rom for my ZTE BLADE G. Problem is that touch screen is not working, I think that problem is within software, so I want to install custom rom or my original. But problem is that I can't instal cwm bootloader cause i cant enable usb debugging. I have update.zip, but how to enable usb debugging, or how to install it without usb debugging.
My touch works just fine, and suddenly, when alarm rang, its stopped working. I tried to clear cache, partitions, nothing helped.

Pleeeeease help :)

I don't know ZTE at all, but is your bootloader unlocked? If so you can install a compatible (important word!) CWM image using fastboot.

Question though: why do you think it's software? On a locked, unrooted phone you shouldn't be able to damage the system software, and a factory reset, which clears all user apps, data or settings, should undo anything that has been done - have you tried that? A complete reflash of the official firmware, including the low level stuff rather than just the ROM, should certainly fix it if it is software, but I'm less confident that just flashing a ROM will fix it, and if the phone had not been unlocked or rooted (i.e. you have not modified the system software) and the problem didn't start after a system update I'd be a little surprised if it is software.

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones