• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Software update from 2.3.3 to latest - UK

gsam

Dec 20, 2011
Hi Guys,

I bought my samsung galaxy ace last year in july with T- mobile pay as you go connection and it was running android 2.2. After few days I got software update available for my phone and updated it to 2.3.3.

Now it seems there is no new firmware released for T-mobile n/w pay as you go mobiles.

My question is if I want to update my ace with latest official update, is there any way to do it? Where can I get info on new firmware release for T mobile n/w.

Thanks in advance!!

S/\M

If there is no OTA (over the air) update or KIES update available then the only way is to flash one yourself. But the differences are very small between 2.3.3 & 2.3.6 (GPU accelleration, overscroll glow etc) and the main thing to consider is that the s5830i is different from the s5830!!!! so be very careful and find out from other i owners what is actually available!!

Reactions: Brian566 and gsam
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones